Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 9:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critical thinker, skeptical about atheism.
RE: Critical thinker, skeptical about atheism.
Just because one claims to be a skeptic, it doesn't mean they are. The OP is a perfect example of this Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(December 20, 2014 at 9:33 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Just because one claims to be a skeptic, it doesn't mean they are. The OP is a perfect example of this Smile

His is skeptical on anything that might break his delusional bubble.
@OP

Anything you say your god can do to satisfy your intellectual and existential longing is irrelevant to those of us who care about truth enough to hold it to a standard that doesn't simply accept each person's vain and credulous speculations.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(December 19, 2014 at 10:45 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Some Comfort:

[Image: 6eLwY9S.gif]

I wonder how often he does that with his dick?
(December 19, 2014 at 7:06 am)Antikytherian95 Wrote: I have a nagging skepticism about atheism since it leaves unexplained the most basic questions of our existence and the existence of all things.

Q- Where does the Universe come from?
Dogmatic atheist- We don't know

Q Why are we here?
Dogmatic atheist- We don't know

Q Is there any meaning to life?
Dogmatic atheist- We don't know but you can just make up an imaginary meaning in your brain (thus living a delusion)

Q Is there good and evil?
Dogmatic atheist (Dawkins)- There is no good and evil, we all dance to the tune of our DNA

Why then do we put "evil" people in jails? ("evil" is a religious word)
A truly honest Dogmatic atheist- We don't know

There are so many questions Ive asked atheists over the years, and their answers just seem illogical, and leave me even more skeptical about atheism.

Thoughts? Thinking

Saying I don't know is kinda...I don't know...anti dogmatic...dontcha think?

Saying I don't know when you don't know, is always a better route than saying you do know when you actually don't know.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(December 21, 2014 at 12:41 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(December 19, 2014 at 10:45 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Some Comfort:

[Image: 6eLwY9S.gif]

I wonder how often he does that with his dick?

Comfort won't admit it, but he knows god doesn't exist. Why would god give him big man hands and a tiny dick?
Do you think these frauds believe their own crap? Or is it all an act for the money?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 19, 2014 at 7:24 am)Antikytherian95 Wrote: Being dogmatic about uncertainty, is still dogmatism.

Derrr that sounds like crazy talk to me.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(December 21, 2014 at 3:11 am)Losty Wrote:
(December 19, 2014 at 7:24 am)Antikytherian95 Wrote: Being dogmatic about uncertainty, is still dogmatism.

Derrr that sounds like crazy talk to me.
+1

Or it just means that Antikytherian95 doesn't know what "dogma" means: "a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true." Who are the atheist authorities? What are the principles laid down? What does any atheist claim as incontrovertibly true, except that he lacks a belief in at least one god?

It's frankly annoying that a theist of Anti's ilk claims to be a critical thinker, despite showing no ability or inclination to address the ideas which would be required to make a good case for theism-- and then sees an unwillingness for others to buy into his illogic as dogmatic resistance on their part.

Anti, dude, I don't disagree with you because there's an atheist party line. I disagree with you because your ideas are founded in an obvious fairy tale, and you've provided neither a good philosophical nor a good evidential case to change my mind.
I'm just astonished that admitting you don't know something means you're dogmatic.
I thought it meant that you don't change your mind regardless of new evidence.
I'm so glad we have the theists to tell us what words really mean.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist or Skeptical videos Angrboda 27 2901 October 17, 2022 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27912 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheist thinker, or ignorant believer? WinterHold 5 1875 May 20, 2016 at 6:43 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  Create your own skeptical quotes. Brian37 33 4247 March 20, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12759 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12317 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10635 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12130 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38660 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack