Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 6:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird things theists have told you
RE: Weird things theists have told you
(December 23, 2014 at 10:16 am)Spooky Wrote: A Mormon friend told me "black people are descended from a cursed race". Wtf.

Mormonism is racist before they changed.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Someone told me I could not (hypothesis) kill my newborn child to make sure he/she goes to heaven.

I was willing to go to hell just to save my child, this guy was just repeating "you cannot do this", no solutions whatsoever.

I just went "Fuck you, what are you or your god going to do about it? Send me to hell for it?".
If it`s true that our species is alone in the universe then I`d have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
(December 23, 2014 at 10:32 am)Piscinin Wrote: Someone told me I could not (hypothesis) kill my newborn child to make sure he/she goes to heaven.

I was willing to go to hell just to save my child, this guy was just repeating "you cannot do this", no solutions whatsoever.

I just went "Fuck you, what are you or your god going to do about it? Send me to hell for it?".

I had a logical argument to were i said fuck it i won't children then.
If the world is such a bad place why bother you said i'm going to hell.
So whats to stop me jump jumping off a building or in front of a bus.
There is nothing but she had the nerve to tell me i need to go to church and repent for wrong doings when she clearly doesn't know me. Either way with christianity its a loose loose situation.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 22, 2014 at 2:24 pm)Strider Wrote: What are some of the weirdest, most bizarre statements a theist has made to you?

http://atheistforums.org/thread-30434.html
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 23, 2014 at 10:18 am)dyresand Wrote:
(December 23, 2014 at 10:16 am)Spooky Wrote: A Mormon friend told me "black people are descended from a cursed race". Wtf.

Mormonism is racist before they changed.

I feel there are undertones of racism in most religions. He was also raised in a family that spouted the benifets of polygamous relationships. (While not actively practicing because it SD after all. )
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(December 23, 2014 at 10:39 am)Tonus Wrote:
(December 22, 2014 at 2:24 pm)Strider Wrote: What are some of the weirdest, most bizarre statements a theist has made to you?

https://atheistforums.org/thread-30434.html

seriously what is it theists their arguments are flawed.... i mean you cannot prove there is a good and you can't. they should give up stop spreading the word and be selfish.

Code:
An old man told me the same thing. Southern baptists used that same line of bullshit to justify both slavery and segregation. That is yet another example of people using religion as a justification to oppress and vilify others.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
I just read a really odd exchange on a Facebook apologetics group.

Poster: Is it God's will for a bipolar person to take medicaiton?

Moron 1: Bipolar is just demon possession. The meds make you weaker to fight it off.

<back and forth between Moron 1 and a more sane person about this dangerous advice>

Moron 2: Perhaps the only demon possessed ones are non-Christians.

Moron 3: ^^^ EXACTLY!

What this is I don't even
Just last year my sister-in-law said to us, don't you think the end times are coming?
No, why do you?
Well there are those landslides in Oregon.

A little further talk and we determined that all natural disasters are a sign the end times are coming. In which case that ought to have come a long long time ago.

Other goodies over the years include:

You really believe in god, you just don't know that you do.

Hell is justifiable because everyone has to decide whether to believe sometime.--- Lutheran at the doorstep.

Black people are the descendants of Ham. ---- Apparently seeing your father naked darkens the skin. Said by an Identity Christian.

Black/dark skin is a sign of sin and if you believe in god and become a good Mormon your skin will get lighter. --- A Mormon of course.

Only people born of Adam and Eve, as opposed to those other people god created, will go to heaven. ---- A non-denominational Evangelical.

The King James Bible, and none other, is inerrant.--- Southern Baptist

Americans are the new chosen people.--- A Jehovah's Witness.

God behaved the way he did in the OT because the Jews are a stubborn people.---Same Jehovah's Witness

People who have never heard the word of god will go to heaven, but people who have heard and misinterpreted the word of god will not. I'm here to bring you the word of god. --- Catholic

Babies are proof god exists.

(December 23, 2014 at 10:40 am)Spooky Wrote:
(December 23, 2014 at 10:18 am)dyresand Wrote: Mormonism is racist before they changed.

I feel there are undertones of racism in most religions. He was also raised in a family that spouted the benifets of polygamous relationships. (While not actively practicing because it SD after all. )

Genesis contains one story after another about who the nations surrounding Israel come from. Naturally, they tend not to be very flattering to the other nations.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(December 23, 2014 at 10:40 am)Spooky Wrote:
(December 23, 2014 at 10:18 am)dyresand Wrote: Mormonism is racist before they changed.

Well, if we are going to use this forum as examples, Drich's thread about how we are bad because we don't support torture ranks up there as being very bizarre.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42844 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 18181 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Who told you that you were naked? Um nobody. Fake Messiah 7 885 March 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Nakara
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1257 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 781 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 17440 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 23 7906 November 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Should Theists have the burden of proof at the police and court? Vast Vision 16 5350 July 10, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism? PETE_ROSE 455 107056 April 5, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  [4.1 SECOND Conversion] (without weird fonts too!) ignoramus 59 5548 January 22, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet