Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 6:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battleground God
Battleground God
http://www.philosophersnet.com/games/god.php

A game where you are asked questions about God and are tested on whether your answers are rationally consistent. That is, whether any of your answers contradict each other, or whether they lead to "strange or unpalatable implications".

Only 8% of test takers make it through without forming any contradictions, and of course, I was one of them Tongue

Quote:You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

How do you do?
RE: Battleground God
Perfect score Smile

"Congratulations! You have made it to the end of this activity.

You took zero direct hits and you bit zero bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.38 hits and bites 1.10 bullets. 487752 people have so far undertaken this activity."
(August 5, 2010 at 6:19 pm)Tiberius Wrote: How do you do?

Quite well. I bit no bullets and I managed to get a TPM medal of honour (<-- you can tell it's a british-made test Big Grin) so I suppose that means I didn't contradict myself in the answers I gave.

That was a neat test. Thanks for introducing it, Adrian.

•487926 people have completed this activity to date.
•You suffered zero direct hits and bit zero bullets.
•This compares with the average player of this activity to date who takes 1.38 hits and bites 1.10 bullets.
•7.95% of the people who have completed this activity, like you, emerged unscathed with the TPM Medal of Honour.
•45.86% of the people who have completed this activity took very little damage and were awarded the TPM Medal of Distinction.
I took one direct hit. I got the best score! Shock !
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Quote:Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, you avoided both these fates - and in doing so qualify for our highest award. A fine achievement!
Saw that a long time ago. Not sure if it was here?
Yay! I won. Cool game, Adrian.

Quote:You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

Quote:You may have just taken a direct hit!

You stated earlier that evolutionary theory is essentially true. However, you have now claimed that it is foolish to believe in God without certain, irrevocable proof that she exists. The problem is that there is no certain proof that evolutionary theory is true - even though there is overwhelming evidence that it is true. So it seems that you require certain, irrevocable proof for God's existence, but accept evolutionary theory without certain proof. So you've got a choice:

Bite a bullet and claim that a higher standard of proof is required for belief in God than for belief in evolution.

Take a hit, conceding that there is a contradiction in your responses.

The test has an error.

/thread
That isn't an error in the test, only in your logical reasoning.
Scientists have done lab experiments that 100% confirm speciation can take place.

Evolution is fact.

Or if you want to argue some metaphysical bs about how what we observe isn't confirmed real you can go pee in the wind for all the good it will do you. That doesn't fly with me.
It evidently doesn't fly with you; that was obvious from the outcome of the test.

Evolution is a scientific fact, yes. To say that a scientific fact is the same as "truth" is on the same level of misunderstanding as the creationists who argue that Evolution is "only a theory".

Your statements in the test reveal that you require a higher standard of proof for belief in God than for evolution, which means you have a biased worldview.