Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 7, 2024, 6:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being gay is a fetish.
RE: Being gay is a fetish.
(April 16, 2015 at 9:38 pm)Polaris Wrote: Sure there will be those who will be gay because they choose to do so whether it be for a fetish, to be counter-cultural (piss off mom and dad, etc.), or because they just want to try something new.

That being said, with all the stigma against homosexuality, I am not sure most homosexuals would actually like to be homosexual if they could help it.

Why not talk to one for a change? I mean, just like a human being. Might give you some insights other than what church has drilled into your brain. I mean, don't you even take a breather before typing away? Being homosexual just to piss off mom and dad or to try something new, and then without even a pause to let the contradictory ignorance take hold in the brain cells, claiming that they would change it if they could.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I have literally encountered more stupid on this thread than I ever have on Facebook, despite aspersions cast on the site in another thread.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 17, 2015 at 10:56 am)Parkers Tan Wrote:
(April 16, 2015 at 5:33 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Yes, because being ordered to treat a human being like a human being after (presumably, if you're in a court, after committing a crime) is SUCH a bad thing.
The longer I'm here, the more the resident theists make me sick. What happened to all the good ones that used to be here.
Would you want to be associated with this group here, who justify bigotry, excuse slavery, pray for other to contract fatal diseases, and demonstrate a vile amorality?
If I were a Christian, the last thing I'd want is to be seen supporting this group of charlatans who wouldn't know a good deed if it bit them in the ass.
I swear it's like they keep getting more and more vile. Seriously what is with all the homophobia from them lately? Do they think we atheists, agnostics, and deists care what their stupid holy book says about human sexuality and ethics?
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
(April 16, 2015 at 9:38 pm)Polaris Wrote: Sure there will be those who will be gay because they choose to do so whether it be for a fetish, to be counter-cultural (piss off mom and dad, etc.), or because they just want to try something new.

That being said, with all the stigma against homosexuality, I am not sure most homosexuals would actually like to be homosexual if they could help it.

No one chooses to be gay.  I'm amazed that anyone can be so ignorant as to think this.

It means that you consciously chose to be straight.  How much serious consideration did you give to being gay? 
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(April 17, 2015 at 11:55 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: I have literally encountered more stupid on this thread than I ever have on Facebook, despite aspersions cast on the site in another thread.

Do you ever ad any content?  I mean all I have ever seen you do is criticize...criticize...criticize.
(April 17, 2015 at 1:23 pm)Heywood Wrote:
(April 17, 2015 at 11:55 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: I have literally encountered more stupid on this thread than I ever have on Facebook, despite aspersions cast on the site in another thread.

Do you ever ad any content?  I mean all I have ever seen you do is criticize...criticize...criticize.

You have to give me something worthwhile to add commentary to. All I've seen is unmitigated bullshit that has been disqualified by scientists and members here over and fucking over.
(April 17, 2015 at 10:56 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: Firstly, policies like allowing gay marriage, or allowing gay couple to adopt, are not pro-gay. They are pro-equality. A "pro-gay" policy would extend rights or privileges  to gays that heterosexuals don't enjoy.

Secondly, equality in civil society is not a religious issue, it is a civil rights issue. If your religion impels you to deny equal rights to others, then perhaps there's another country whose laws more closely comport with your views where you'd find living more amenable?

Also, lol at your marrying "liberal" and "secular", and labeling them both "irreligion". Your filters are strong if you see everything in that light. Your thinking is sloppy if you conflate political outlook, governmental philosophy, and religious views.

Parker, there are a couple of topics being discussed recently in this forum.
1. Should marriage be expanded to include same sex couples.
2. Should businesses be forced to serve gays.

I don't have a problem with 1. My life isn't going to change one iota if gays get married. My problem is with 2. Why? Because except in extreme circumstances individual self determination trumps societal equality. My problem with 2 is that my rights and your rights are now being trampled just to prevent butthurt.
(April 17, 2015 at 1:28 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(April 17, 2015 at 1:23 pm)Heywood Wrote: Do you ever ad any content?  I mean all I have ever seen you do is criticize...criticize...criticize.

You have to give me something worthwhile to add commentary to. All I've seen is unmitigated bullshit that has been disqualified by scientists and members here over and fucking over.

"All you ever do is criticize my hurtful, bigoted rhetoric and point out that it has no basis in fact!" As if that itself is not a fair rebuttal of the position. When the opposition insists on using nothing but fantasy to advance their argument, pointing out that we are not obligated to pretend reality is just like they're pretending it is, is a perfectly reasonable response.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(April 17, 2015 at 1:28 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(April 17, 2015 at 1:23 pm)Heywood Wrote: Do you ever ad any content?  I mean all I have ever seen you do is criticize...criticize...criticize.

I'm glad that you realize your contributions in this thread haven't been worthwhile.  What do you hope to accomplish with your incessant nagging?  Are you trying to shut down the discussion we are having?
(April 17, 2015 at 1:42 pm)Heywood Wrote:
(April 17, 2015 at 1:28 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: You have to give me something worthwhile to add commentary to. All I've seen is unmitigated bullshit that has been disqualified by scientists and members here over and fucking over.

I'm glad that you realize your contributions in this thread haven't been worthwhile.  What do you hope to accomplish with your incessant nagging?  Are you trying to shut down the discussion we are having?

Oh, I wouldn't say that - did you miss Esqui's reply? 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws. Foxaèr 1 1318 May 10, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: robvalue