Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 9:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Jiggery Pokery
RE: Damned Jiggery Pokery
He can consistently be an asshole but the court decided the issue in Romer v Evans in 1996.

Quote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romer_v._E...urt_ruling

Quote:Finding that "laws of the kind now before us raise the inevitable inference that the disadvantage imposed is born of animosity toward the class of persons affected," the Court inferred that the passage of Amendment 2 was born of a "bare...desire to harm a politically unpopular group".[2] The Court added: "f the constitutional conception of 'equal protection of the laws' means anything, it must at the very least mean that a bare ... desire to harm a politically unpopular group cannot constitute a [i]legitimate governmental interest."[/i]

"States Rights" cannot be an excuse...no matter how "consistently" applied....to set up different constitutional rights for different classes of citizens based on the animus of the majority.  The constitution applies everywhere with the borders of the US.

These republifucks have been trying to pull the same shit over and over again and I'm glad they got a boot shoved up their asses.
I am getting the impression that you do not understand what I was trying to do.  I was merely trying to explain something to Nope that she seemed to not understand.  I was not trying to justify the idiot's opinion or even to say that it was consistent with the Constitution or federal laws.  I was just trying to explain how one could have a self-consistent opinion and vote as Thom Tillis voted on the two issues referenced by Nope in her post.   That Tillis is an idiot asshole goes without saying.

And I am quite happy about the recent Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage.  The federal government now needs to enforce this, making the states follow the law.  With force if necessary, just like with desegregation about half a century ago, when not every state voluntarily followed federal law.  Frankly, I would be happy to see state governors and legislators thrown in jail for not following federal laws on this, if they obstruct it.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Quote:That Tillis is an idiot asshole goes without saying.

Right and this is not always the ideal mechanism for in-depth discussions but this:   It would seem that he regards the matter as something for individual states to decide, and if a state decides in favor of gay marriage, the federal government should recognize that decision by the state. is the essence of the state's rights argument.

And it was settled case law in 1996 but the christo-repulblicunts think they can just hold their breath until they turn blue like spoiled children and they will get what they want.  As for Tillis?  No.  It is not a matter of the feds recognizing state "policies."  That's bullshit.  So, if one of those veterans he pretends to care so much about wants to move to or from another state they must first check out whether or not they are to be given full citizenship?  That is not what the 14th Amendment is all about.  He can blabber all he wants about his justifications but he is simply wrong legally.
Today's Scalia wannabe.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/activist...upporters/

Quote:Activist linked to Mike Huckabee and Rand Paul calls for death to gays and their Christian supporters

And there are so many jesus freak morons waving guns around that you know it will happen sooner or later.
And.............

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/new-york...bee-quote/

Quote:New York pastor seeks forgiveness after offending community with Mike Huckabee quote

Quote:After posting a sign railing against the Supreme Court’s marriage equality ruling last week, a New York pastor is now desperately seeking forgiveness from offended community members and looking to repair the church’s image.

“Normally I enjoy their inspirational positive messages while driving by but this made me feel like I was on a dirt road in the south,” a Patch reader wrote on Facebook. “We are too progressive as a community for this.”

Quote:The pastor responsible for the sign, Pete O’Leary, is now scrambling to do damage control. It was “one of those things that projected out there the wrong way and we are hoping it’s something we can fix,” he told Patch.

No, fuckhead.  You stepped on your own dick because you forgot you weren't in Alabama.  There was no wrong "projection."  Everyone knew exactly what you meant.
How has this not been posted in this thread yet?
(Skip forward to 2m30s)

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDVvqz0iFyIt=2m30s
(Because apparently playback on other sites besides youtube isn't permitted for this video)
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(July 1, 2015 at 12:41 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: People like that make me sad ._.

I think we should ban pastors from marrying and see how they like it

How about just to see them no longer procreate?
[Image: ef2f00e580ac9534d461b8fd88013c62.jpg]
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, I was just looking over some SCOTUS items on wiki and noticed Anthony Kennedy was appointed to the seat the senate failed to put BORK into !!!!

Granted, he wouldn't apparently have lived to rule on gay marriage, but imagine all of the relevant Kennedy's 5-4s going the other way!

Panic
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 1, 2015 at 8:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:That Tillis is an idiot asshole goes without saying.

Right and this is not always the ideal mechanism for in-depth discussions but this:   It would seem that he regards the matter as something for individual states to decide, and if a state decides in favor of gay marriage, the federal government should recognize that decision by the state. is the essence of the state's rights argument.

And it was settled case law in 1996 but the christo-repulblicunts think they can just hold their breath until they turn blue like spoiled children and they will get what they want.  As for Tillis?  No.  It is not a matter of the feds recognizing state "policies."  That's bullshit.  So, if one of those veterans he pretends to care so much about wants to move to or from another state they must first check out whether or not they are to be given full citizenship?  That is not what the 14th Amendment is all about.  He can blabber all he wants about his justifications but he is simply wrong legally.

Put shortly, the Federal Constitution is regnant.  States passing laws which violate it are in the wrong, and such laws are void.

Period.