Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 2:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psalm 137:9
RE: Psalm 137:9
It's a dim bulb.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:The photo doesnt show that it posted but when i go to edit it, it shows up fine, so I put the link for an image in case it doesnt show up!

If 'god' really loved you maybe he'd teach you how to post a fucking photo.

Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass.
(August 28, 2017 at 8:51 pm)Godisgood Wrote: And the verse about bashing infants against rocks doesnt mean what it says.

You'd think that the omniscient, omnipotent creator of the universe would be able to get it's point across clearly, without misunderstanding and could say exactly what it means.

Your gawd fails on many levels.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(September 2, 2017 at 3:25 am)Godisgood Wrote: No they arent identical. One was based on those that were black and one happened because of  those that were in debt and it wasnt based on the skin color and furthermore, they had freedom and religious holidays off . None of that happened in modern day slavery. They are NOT THE SAME!!

Just an excuse.  Both slavery.  Both wrong.

Quote:Im only in trouble if it turns out my God isnt real. If He is real then Im not in trouble.

Death comes to all of us, and it is permanent.  Belief will not save you.

Quote:And you saying that Hell is something that was invented to scare people is your opinion and it isnt biblical either!

Why should I care if something is Biblical?  The Bible is an anthology of extremely silly mythology.

Quote:And what did God say to Job when he questioned Him?

Translating it into the modern vernacular, it comes out as roughly equivalent to "I'm in charge here.  Suck it up, sunshine."

Quote:Also, God isnt the one torturing anyone. And He isnt insane.

Just your opinion.  Big Grin

Quote:The reason God would punish someone for eternity for temporal sins committed on earth is based on who the sin is against, not on the size of the sins.

Well, since your alleged god is supposedly many times more powerful than mortals, and also eternal, theoretically no mortal's actions should be able to hurt it.  Therefore, the punishment should be very close to zero.

Quote:That doesnt matter. The Bible says Sin demands death. it doesnt matter if we sin 1 time or 100 million times, one sin is bad enough that it demands death.  Learn to read what the Bible says.You are absolutely clueless as to what the Bible says. It is frightening.

The Bible also mentions a Talking Snake™ in Genesis 3.  Kindly obtain one (1) Talking Snake™ and have it shipped to my house at your earliest convenience.

I know very well what the Bible says -- which is why I don't believe it.

Quote:The Bible tells us that God is holy, "You shall be holy, for I am holy"... {snip}

Plagiarized without attribution from CARM.  See you in {non-existent} hell, violator of the "Thou shalt not steal" commandment.
Why do you think I called him slick earlier?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 2, 2017 at 3:25 am)Godisgood Wrote: Also, God isnt the one torturing anyone. And He isnt insane.

A god that has to answer all prayers, even though they inevitably contradict in every way possible? Giving folks a nice sunny day while making it rain for the farmer? How can it not be insane?
(February 19, 2012 at 6:10 pm)Forsaken Wrote: "How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones against the rock," (Psalm 137:9).

Below is the take from one of the apologetics.
http://carm.org/bible-difficulties/job-s...g-children

In a nutshell:
1) Just because the bible says so does not mean God approves it. (I thought the bible was the word of God Thinking )
2) You cannot judge God on his morality. Even if he commits atrocities, humans have no right to judge him on that.

Glob...

Psalms= Songs and praises

Psalms=/= Rules or commands.

So who would sing about smashing kids against rocks?

Slaves who were captured by much stronger and vial people who hated them and taught their kids to torment and hate those slaves. Who doesn't want to destroy their captors?
(September 5, 2017 at 10:47 am)Drich Wrote: Glob...

Slaves who were captured by much stronger and vial people who hated them and taught their kids to torment and hate those slaves. Who doesn't want to destroy their captors?

Did you just...

Did he just...

Well, ok. This should be productive *cracks knuckles*

Drich, you do of course know that both testaments indicate that it's wrong and un-Christ-like for slaves to overthrow and/or escape their captors, right?

Like...you do know that, right?

I mean...maybe not for the Jews, but in general...yeah...the Bible pretty handily supports slavery.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Dripshit is just a slave of his fantasies.
(September 5, 2017 at 12:08 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(September 5, 2017 at 10:47 am)Drich Wrote: Glob...

Did you just...

Did he just...

Well, ok. This should be productive *cracks knuckles*
Moohahaha I mean yes productive!

Quote:Drich, you do of course know that both testaments indicate that it's wrong and un-Christ-like for slaves to overthrow and/or escape their captors, right?
*snickers..
...and what does an ot Jew under the whip of a philistine care or know about the future teachings of Jesus?

God as per the arable of the talents and how he has handeled everyone in the O and NT only holds you responsible for what you know to be right and or wrong.

Quote:Like...you do know that, right?
Well riddle me this first... if a psalm is just a song or hymn what does it matter what it says to a NT christian if said Christian can see a level of wrong that an OT jew could not?

[quote]I mean...maybe not for the Jews, but in general...yeah...the Bible pretty handily supports slavery.

So does modern society... or can you show me a society that is not build and currently maintain by a slave labor force?