Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psalm 137:9
RE: Psalm 137:9
(September 25, 2017 at 10:35 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 25, 2017 at 9:51 am)Cyberman Wrote: Oh well, if we're going with dictionary definitions, did you know that "christian" and "cretin" share an etymology?

The meaning was different.

But the meanings of zygote, foetus and child are the same?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 25, 2017 at 7:46 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 25, 2017 at 6:36 am)Whateverist Wrote: But not when your 'God' does it for 'His" own reasons; I certainly don't support a god's right to choose.  Some of us support a woman's right to choose however.  Doesn't mean we're pro-abortion either.  It is a morally messy matter best left in the hands of the woman whose very body supports a potential new-born's developing life.  Anyone who smite's another for his own reasons is an abomination, so the character identified as God in the bible is an abomination.  Sadly some women who decide they must terminate a pregnancy feel pretty abominable about it too.  (Just because it is their choice doesn't mean it will be easy.)

So you support women making godlike decisions over an actual god making those decisions?

Makes sense...

Yes, it does.  It's consistence with my supporting the decisions of actual beings over those of people's imaginary friends.
We can demonstrate that women exist. I've heard.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 25, 2017 at 7:46 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 25, 2017 at 12:00 am)Minimalist Wrote: A gob of goo is not a "child", dickhead.

A fetus is not a "gob of goo" buddy, and is in every sense of the word, a child.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/child

Quote:Definition of child
1 a :  an unborn or recently born person

Not legally, dumbass.  As noted above, in far too many cases those gobs of goo grow up to be creatards.  But if its own mother doesn't want it then fuck it.  Neither do I.
And what business is it of yours anyway?
Education and the empowerment of women.

I, as an atheist, do not love abortion. I would like to see it being unnecessary.

But a women right to chose is, to me, self evident in a world where your gods as so immoral..

If all the women of the world had control of their reproductive rights, are educated and could live in safety from abuse, you might have a slim case.

An all powerful god could easily have set it up to be so.

God hates women, is comfortable with miscarriages and will turn a blind eye to rape.

Shitty omnipotence, a slacker like me could do better with that power.
(September 25, 2017 at 11:53 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(September 25, 2017 at 7:46 am)Huggy74 Wrote: So you support women making godlike decisions over an actual god making those decisions?

Makes sense...

Yes, it does.  It's consistence with my supporting the decisions of actual beings over those of people's imaginary friends.
Let me ask you something, suppose if a person owned some puppies, and decided to kill them, would you be in support of that?
(September 25, 2017 at 4:16 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Let me ask you something, suppose if a person owned some puppies, and decided to kill them, would you be in support of that?

In or out of the mother dog's womb?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 25, 2017 at 4:16 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 25, 2017 at 11:53 am)Whateverist Wrote: Yes, it does.  It's consistence with my supporting the decisions of actual beings over those of people's imaginary friends.
Let me ask you something, suppose if a person owned some puppies, and decided to kill them, would you be in support of that?

Yes, killing puppies is fun.

Evolution has given humans no understanding of pack animals.

Yet, some humans still drown puppies.

Yet, some people love dogs.

Bugger, some questions can't be reduced to absurd trivialities..

Thank god we have a big book to explain it.
(September 25, 2017 at 4:26 pm)JackRussell Wrote:
(September 25, 2017 at 4:16 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Let me ask you something, suppose if a person owned some puppies, and decided to kill them, would you be in support of that?

Yes, killing puppies is fun.

Evolution has given humans no understanding of pack animals.

Yet, some humans still drown puppies.

Yet, some people love dogs.

Bugger, some questions can't be reduced to absurd trivialities..

Thank god we have a big book to explain it.

Don't think you answered the question.
Yep,

I know you don't understand.

Sorry for you mate.