Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 6:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Accent Tag! You're It.
RE: Accent Tag! You're It.
c172, you sound like you're from Alabama! Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Hmmm. I've never lived there. I have lived in Florida and North Carolina, as well as Vermont, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and northern and southern California. The latter is my native, and current, home.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I lived in Florida, California, and Arizona (out of the ones you mentioned). California is my favorite!
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Interesting. Out of those, I am a native, and resident, San Diegan, but I went to Sacramento State. I graduated high school in the Town of Paradise Valley, which borders PHX and Scottsdale. That was in '94. In the two years preceding, I lived right outside of Clearwater, FL.

I need to start doing vimeo videos. I enjoy watching people talk on YouTube. Lately, I've enjoyed several north Americas talk about living in Japan. One has a very thick Canadian accent.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kanadajin3?feature=watch
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Cuuuute accent.

I lived in Escondido, Chula Vista, San Diego, Orange (and others)-CA

Yuma-AZ

LaBelle-Fl
Half Baked

No recording for me.

No cameras are allowed were I am at.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(June 6, 2013 at 1:40 am)Dragonetti Wrote: No recording for me.

No cameras are allowed were I am at.

Well, we'll just have to wait, then... won't we? Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Yeah, man. You need to move. I'ma hang here and keep posting until you do. Kthxbai.
I love vlogs. Specifically J-vlogs (expats who blog about living in Japan). I'd love to make a vlog of some sort,but I havenothing to really vlog about, plus speech does NOT come easily to me, even though I find it fascinating. I took speech in high school and liked it a lot. And now we have YouTube (and vimeo), which makes speech cool.
My original accent sounded like the people in Varsity Blues. I was shocked how well they got the accent correct for East Texas.

But my accent changes really easy. Once when I came home on leave from the military my grandmother told me I sounded like a Yankee. I had one military coworker ask me if I was from New York City once.

Then when I moved the family back to Texas my mother-in-law from upstate New York started mentioning how my accent was changing back to a Southern Twang. I don't even realize it's happening. I have a central Texas accent now. Texas has at least five distinct accents depending on where you live.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Forum Accent Tag: Round 3!! Clueless Morgan 98 8372 November 28, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Atheist Forums Accent Tag! Round 2 Napoléon 845 125283 October 1, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Ask me questions for my next accent tag Foxaèr 6 1125 July 23, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
Tongue AF.org Q&A Tag! SteelCurtain 48 8821 February 22, 2017 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Pandemoniac Pronunciation Parapaxis Tag Shell B 61 11516 December 4, 2012 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: jots