Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are you today?
Re: RE: How are you today?
(July 8, 2013 at 6:55 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(July 8, 2013 at 4:34 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: As if it's ever sunny in Blackpool.

it's always sunny in my heart when I'm in the majestic seaside town of blackpool.
I must admit, I do love Blackpool. I haven't been since 2009, though. There just some novelty in the excessive tackiness and crapness of everything there that is endearing. .... The Wax Works where none of the works look anything like who they're meant to be, the Doctor Who Museum with the broken exhibits and the item descriptions with more wrong spellings than correct spellings, the Tower Aquarium that stayed open after the fish had all died, and not forgetting the glorified Christmas Lights that attract people from all over, but are always pretty crap.

That doesn't sound like I like the place, but I do. I really really do. If all those things were fixed it just wouldn't be the same. It would ruin the character of the place.
RE: How are you today?
(July 8, 2013 at 3:20 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(July 8, 2013 at 2:52 pm)Stimbo Wrote: So sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like you were very close.

We were, some time ago. She was my best friend's (at the time) sister, and an occasional lover. I knew her since I was 13(?), she was a few years older. She was very troubled. She disappeared for the longest time. Or was it I that disappeared? Perspective is a strange thing. It was half a lifetime ago.

(July 8, 2013 at 2:52 pm)Stimbo Wrote: This is going to come across as extremely crass but trust me when I say I can feel your loss, probably more so now than I might have been able to back in the day or in that alternate universe where our life went the way it should have.

Not at all. Such a statement is only crass when it comes from someone who cannot possibly understand the loss.

Still got my fingers crossed CD. In a similar boat here waiting for "that phone call".

It is hard to "compartmentalise" so that you can get on with your day...... I can't think of anything better than going through your DVD collection.

All my hopes it will all be OK. Undecided
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(July 8, 2013 at 10:19 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I can't think of anything better than going through your DVD collection.

You can go through my DVD collection any time you like, Kichi. Probably best not to look at anything in my private cupboard though. Your sleep, your sanity and probably your stomach will thank you.

Angel
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
With a repertoire such as that now you have me wonderimg what could possibly be in that cupboard, Stimbo.

Chtulhu, you know a counselor might be something to consider to help you through this process.. there are some. Or you can always pm me if you need to talk, I'm a good listenerSmile
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(July 8, 2013 at 11:05 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: Chtulhu, you know a counselor might be something to consider to help you through this process.. there are some. Or you can always pm me if you need to talk, I'm a good listenerSmile

I have a therapist that I have been seeing for the last 5 years. I wasn't scheduled ton see her until Friday, but she has an opening tomorrow afternoon, so I'm taking advantage of it.

As always, I appreciate the kindness.
I'm doing not so great tonight. My dad had surgery today ten hours away from where I live, and I can't go see him until Friday.

I had homework due at midnight. I could have done it during the weekend, but careless me went to a wedding on Saturday instead. On Sunday I was busy with my father's news, and I had to take my mom to California so she could continue with her trip towards the hospital where my dad is at. So after work, as tired as I was, I began to do my homework. I finished half an hour early and felt great. The file doesn't exist. I don't know what I did wrong, but it's gone. I saved numerous times during my work, but nope. Gone.

Oh, and my dad had surgery. Did I say that? I'm here instead of being with him. I suck.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Re: How are you today?
I hope your Dad is ok, too, Ivy.

What's going on lately? I've just seen on FB that my second cousin's 17 year old daughter, who was admitted to the hospital yesterday, isn't doing so well right now. She's had Kidney problems for years, so if they're now saying it's bad, it must be pretty bad. There weren't many details on fb, so maybe my imagination is scaring me. So that's two people to visit today while I'm at the hospital later.

Oh, and literally right now, another cousin's 13 year old is waiting ar her GP Surgery for an Ambulance to take her to hospial with Heatstroke. :-/
(July 8, 2013 at 8:46 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote:
(July 8, 2013 at 6:55 pm)paulpablo Wrote: it's always sunny in my heart when I'm in the majestic seaside town of blackpool.
I must admit, I do love Blackpool. I haven't been since 2009, though. There just some novelty in the excessive tackiness and crapness of everything there that is endearing. .... The Wax Works where none of the works look anything like who they're meant to be, the Doctor Who Museum with the broken exhibits and the item descriptions with more wrong spellings than correct spellings, the Tower Aquarium that stayed open after the fish had all died, and not forgetting the glorified Christmas Lights that attract people from all over, but are always pretty crap.

That doesn't sound like I like the place, but I do. I really really do. If all those things were fixed it just wouldn't be the same. It would ruin the character of the place.

Exactly! That's what I tell anyone who asks me why I like blackpool, It's like being in a carnival based horror film or something, there's that famous laughing clown there that's been there for decades, a bar shaped like a pirate ship, with a fake pirate with a motorized arm that drinks beer.
Admittedly if I lived as far down south as you I couldn't be bothered to come up here it is pretty crap.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Re: How are you today?
I do like how the council thinks Blackpool is like Vegas. I laughed so hard when I heard about that. I'm laughing now just remembering it.
(July 9, 2013 at 8:42 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: I do like how the council thinks Blackpool is like Vegas. I laughed so hard when I heard about that. I'm laughing now just remembering it.

The fact you're laughing at it still now makes me more worried about your mental state than the state of blackpool council.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3682 205794 5 hours ago
Last Post: no one
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 80 1512 May 1, 2024 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1110 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2339 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 692 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1146 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1137 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 524 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3631 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I just found out today. Brian37 2 652 February 12, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37