Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are you today?
RE: How are you today?
(July 12, 2013 at 11:02 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: All hope is not lost yet. If it comes to it, we will let him go with dignity as per his wishes in his advance directive. I'm grateful that I don't have to make that decision - I have had to do it before and it was hell.

My mum's in a similar position. Sad times indeed. Has been over the course of her dementia. Not good to hear it all could have been prevented, and she had plenty of testing beforehand. Likewise she made a statement that she didn't want to be resuscitated from a vegetative state.
Re: How are you today?
Shit. Seeing other people going through very ill/dying parents makes me glad I got that over with as a kid. In a weird way.
(July 13, 2013 at 5:19 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(July 12, 2013 at 11:02 am)Cthulhu Dreaming. I still have some reas

5 Wrote:
All hope is not lost yet. If it comes to it, we will let him go with dignity as per his wishes in his advance directive. I'm grateful that I don't have to make that decision - I have had to do it before and it was hell.

My mum's in a similar position. Sad times indeed. Has been over the course of her dementia. Not good to hear it all could have been prevented, and she had plenty of testing beforehand. Likewise she made a statement that she didn't want to be resuscitated from a vegetative state.

I am very sorry that you have to go through that, fr0d0. These are indeed sad times.

I still have reason for hope at least.
It's 3:00 a.m. and I'm trying unsuccessfully to sleep in Dad's hospital room in the recliner which was graciously provided by a staff nurse. Exhausted.
I can't decide on if I should go to the gym or go and cycle in blackpool, it's so hot I need to do something.

I already have blisters on my feet and aching muscles though because I refuse to waste even one day of precious and rare British hot summer days staying inside.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Had a wonderfull meal with a wonderfull woman at a wonderfull restaurant today.

Life is good.
Meh. I'm feeling ground down by the situation, and I'm feeling pretty helpless.

Dad's condition hasn't changed much. He won't eat much. The docs are considering a more aggressive treatment, which of course is not without risks.

The relationship I have with my father is...strained. We have never been close - he is an emotionally distant person. I feel that he never was there for me, and I have held much anger in my heart.

I'm making my peace with him.
(July 13, 2013 at 5:19 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(July 12, 2013 at 11:02 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: All hope is not lost yet. If it comes to it, we will let him go with dignity as per his wishes in his advance directive. I'm grateful that I don't have to make that decision - I have had to do it before and it was hell.

My mother was diagnosed with ALS about eight years ago, and the disease progressed very quickly. She couldn't swallow or do anything much. Luckily (and it's very strange to use that word in this context), she passed relatively quickly, so she didn't suffer long. I know how you guys feel in these cases.

Stay strong, Cthulhu.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

I feel like all my strength is gone.
You've been using that strength to be strong for two. You and him. Know it or not, believe it or not, you've chosen to fight a battle with him. Your actions mean more than you know. Both to him and for you. Keep your head up and recognize how strong you are. Rest if you need but when you wake up, wake up with the fire of intention, not the submission of defeat. The only thing that can defeat you is you.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3670 201263 Today at 4:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 1031 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1098 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2282 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 692 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1132 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1109 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 522 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3561 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm
  I just found out today. Brian37 2 646 February 12, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37