Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
RE: This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
(November 30, 2015 at 11:09 pm)Beccs Wrote: Coughcough56coughcough

Sweet baby jeebus.

Dassalot.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 30, 2015 at 10:29 pm)Beccs Wrote: Must admit I haven't tried melee since I left vault 111.

I was using too many APs and decided to go fully with guns.

Don't think you can't be creative with Melee... I've got myself a character named Chiri. Splinter cell backstory.

Crept up on one of the pats in concord with a switchblade. Stabbed him once. Twice. Third time. Yankee didn't even get to turn around. Circled the building, pulled myself round the corner, took a potshot with a pistol. Played with their heads for a bit, lowering their health without a silenced anything...

Took out my machette, got round to their backs again, broke stealth and sprinted in for two slices; two dead patriots.

... Then I stabbed their heads off. With a switchblade O__o Stabbed their heads off... o___o

I can't wait to have a silencer... and I just picked up a combat knife. Now I just want a mod that stops character from shouting when they stab someone. Slight immersion break, there. Still... more than one style to melee. Many styles, kill things. 

Not necessarily unrelated... but did you know you can enter the building with preston in it from the roof? Climb the church, sprint and jump onto the airplane wing. Dynamic entry is 100% possible.

(November 30, 2015 at 11:03 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm so far behind. My best melee weapon is a chained aluminum bat.

Gotta upgrade that blacksmith perk some more.

I think I'm only level 19.

One thing that really disappoints me with the baseball bat... is that stupid 'bladed' variety of it with the two circular saws. It's necessary for the thing's maximum dps.

Modding community is going crazy already... might need to find myself a way to personalize my experience soon. Only my psychopath character is affected by this, though.... and frankly, so what if it does less dps: I'm not murdering them with a baseball bat because it's effective.... but because I'm sending a fucking message into outer space.

Well, at least out of the park, eh?

... I've skipped endurance utterly with most characters. Do wish that stealth melee weapons weren't tied to strength though. Feels wrong, and rectifying that isn't possible until ninja rank 3, and that's like... level 33. So. Mild annoyance.

(November 30, 2015 at 11:09 pm)Beccs Wrote: Coughcough56coughcough

That is terrifying. 

Did you take idiot savant, or something? Big Grin Tongue

I don't even have the capacity to understand how you managed that otherwise o__o I guess the game HAS been out for like.... long enough. But that's still scary. I literally have no job no nothing... and I couldn't manage that if I tried o__o

... Are you sure you work? Dodgy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I don't have a level 56 character, but I've played the shit out of this game, too. I took my first character to 39 and then started over and took that one to 37. I went to go back to my original character, and the only save I had was at level 19. So, I've got him back to 31 now.

Yeah, I play video games too much.
And you want to talk about immersion breaks, Vae, I keep smashing people into goo, but they're still able to get out their last words.
(December 1, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Faith No More Wrote: And you want to talk about immersion breaks, Vae, I keep smashing people into goo, but they're still able to get out their last words.

Eeewwww TT___TT Kill it kill it kill it! >__< :nasty:

... Simply... sickening.

Angry
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(December 1, 2015 at 8:54 am)Violet Wrote: Not necessarily unrelated... but did you know you can enter the building with preston in it from the roof? Climb the church, sprint and jump onto the airplane wing. Dynamic entry is 100% possible.

u trollin?
I've got final exams and a couple of papers for the next week. I haven't played since Saturday....
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
So I rerolled just for kicks. Runnin' around the NW of the map at level 3 with a switchblade and a tire iron. Forgot where I found the baseball bat and the pipe wrench last time. Big Grin
My baseball bat came from my first trek into Diamond City. I went there a tad too early, and it took me like 200 10mm rounds just to kill one DC Guard. But I got his bat, the fucker. Then I put some nails and a chain on that bitch.

Accidentally whacked a suicider with that shit. Mistakes were made.

I found a bat like super early last time but I'll be dipped in shit if I can remember where.