Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
RE: This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
(December 5, 2015 at 2:31 pm)Faith No More Wrote: How many settlers did you have to get attacked like that?  I'm struggling to get Sanctuary above 10.

Took me several attempts to make my settlements attractive. Food, lots of waters, defense and as soon as possible, stores, seems to be the right recipe.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Radio Beacons as well.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 5, 2015 at 3:44 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Radio Beacons as well.

Without them, you don't get a single settler.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I have to say, now that I'm about lvl 30 and just slaying stuff everywhere, I'm losing the plot and getting stuck grinding levels. Not as much fun as it is at the start when a few radroaches might actually kill you.

I wish the level scaling was a bit less generous. I only really played a couple days before I started one-headshotting most enemies.
(December 5, 2015 at 2:20 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: LOL, this sucks.  Raiders attacked my settlement at Sanctuary, and near the end of the battle, I see a raider IN POWER ARMOR attacking some settlers by the workbench.  I whip out a legendary double-barrelled shotgun that does an additional 10 points of plasma damage that some mutt dropped and blasted him, turning him into a bubbling pile of green goo.  

Then I realized - he stole MY power armor.  I looted the armor pieces off his corpse, but the exoskeleton and fully charged fusion core were a complete loss.  Luckily, I had three other partial sets of power armor so the only real loss was the fusion core.  Dodgy

Bastards came from the north, too - which is the only direction I didn't have covered with turrets.  Facepalm

If you hadn't left the fusion core in the armor, none of that would have happened i think.
(December 5, 2015 at 2:31 pm)Faith No More Wrote: How many settlers did you have to get attacked like that?  I'm struggling to get Sanctuary above 10.

It took me quite a while to get past 10. You can add stores and decorations to your town to improve happiness, but I don't know if that increase the inflow rate or not.

I had around 7 at the time. I now have 13. 10 at the drive-in, 11 at one of the farms. As far as I can tell, as long as you have sufficient food, water and housing, the recruitment beacon brings 'em in.

In other Commonwealth news, the Behemoth that waylaid my prior character has been put down. I was level 11 at the time - climbed up on the nearby viaduct and rained .308 and frag grenades on it.
(December 5, 2015 at 8:49 pm)bennyboy Wrote:

It took me quite a while to get past 10.  You can add stores and decorations to your town to improve happiness, but I don't know if that increase the inflow rate or not.

FWIW, I haven't done any of that.
One gets settlers based on charisma, base 10 + chr rating. Hangman's alley seems to attract 'em more than other places - I had no beds, no food, no water, yet 16 mofos showed up.  Tongue
Ah, that explains why mine seem to have capped out at 13.