Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 1:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
RE: This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
(December 15, 2015 at 12:55 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm level 37 or 38, and I the best armor I'm finding is combat armor with like 25-35 damage resistance.

Buff it up at your stations. That's the idea of this game, as opposed to previous Fallouts. The do it yourself method. I gave my characters passive skills such as stealth, lock pick, hacking, armorer, science or gun nut. You can create pretty impressive gear that way, which is more useful than any fighting skill. In my book, they're pretty useless anyway, since fights are more or less determined by your S.P.E.C.I.A.L attributes, your accuracy in VATS and how often you can land a critical.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
What is the default value for the object placement limit?

The Ziggurat I built as a test was somewhere in the neighborhood of 250-300 objects + all the miscellaneous crap I have at the site. The foundation alone was 121 objects.
(December 15, 2015 at 6:21 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: What is the default value for the object placement limit?

The Ziggurat I built as a test was somewhere in the neighborhood of 250-300 objects + all the miscellaneous crap I have at the site.  The foundation alone was 121 objects.

By all accounts is arbitrary and varies from settlement to settlement. You can see the yellow bar filling up in the upper right corner of your screen if you're in build mode. Once it's full, no more objects can be placed. Unless you cheese or cheat that is.
I think it's stupid that there's any limit at all. I mean, it's a single-player game, let me build my mile-higher tower of death if I want to.
(December 15, 2015 at 12:55 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm level 37 or 38, and I the best armor I'm finding is combat armor with like 25-35 damage resistance.

Yeah, being able to craft the armor mods is huge in getting a high damage resistance.  I posted a link earlier, but to become a real beast, you need to get the ballistic weave.  This allows you to alter some articles of regular clothing to give it a high defense.  The best part, though, is you can alter some of the clothing that can be worn as under armor, so with an level 4 armor mods, you can have a piece of under armor with 110 damage resistance.  

Right now I'm wearing a baseball uniform under my other armor that gives me +1 strength and agility and 90 damage resistance.
(December 15, 2015 at 10:42 am)bennyboy Wrote: I think it's stupid that there's any limit at all.  I mean, it's a single-player game, let me build my mile-higher tower of death if I want to.

I guess it's due to stability issues. They know fairly well that crashes and poor performance may hit at a certain point. Especially on consoles and weaker computers. So they play it safe. At least that seems to be the general consensus.
(December 15, 2015 at 12:12 pm)abaris Wrote:
(December 15, 2015 at 10:42 am)bennyboy Wrote: I think it's stupid that there's any limit at all.  I mean, it's a single-player game, let me build my mile-higher tower of death if I want to.

I guess it's due to stability issues. They know fairly well that crashes and poor performance may hit at a certain point. Especially on consoles and weaker computers. So they play it safe. At least that seems to be the general consensus.

Yeah, I wish they had handled it differently.  Like, an NPC walks in and says, "That's a mighty big building you've got there.  Are you sure this town candle handle any more?"
Played it for 4 hour last night.
Went to neighborgood town to do the brain scan thing.
All is well. Took on a couple of side missions.
Didn't want to walk back down the stairs to the hotel lobby, so I jumped off the first floor balcony.
Got my PA on, so nothing can go wrong, right?
As soon as I landed, made a nice big thud (like you do), everyone panicked at the noise and started shooting me!
WTF!

Tonight restoring back and this time I'll take the fucking stairs like normal people.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I honestly don't know what it is with Power Armor. Play the game and sooner, rather than later, you be near invincible even if you go starkers. There's no level cap and there are several missions buffing you even more. I collect the armors, drive them home to my main base at Sanctuary and leave them near the defences for my settlers to climb in if trouble arises. I'm not wearing that junk. It's ruining my characters look and it makes the game even easier than it already is.
I've barely ever worn it. I keep beefing it up when I'd find new parts, but I think I've worn it twice.

Once I get that ballistic weave, I think I'll just finish the story mode and be done. Maybe ill turn the difficulty to the highest setting.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---