Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
RE: This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
I should get back into it. Haven't played for ages. Character is 63rd level and completed the main quest on behalf of the BoS.
Dying to live, living to die.
So I finally just finished the game, and my opinion of the game can now be finalized.

Overall, it was a really great experience.  The weapon and armor customization, the economy, and the base-building were all great additions, though not fully realized.  But still, looking back it will be one of those games that you remember for a long time.

9/10 for me Big Grin
I'll give my final rating after the DLCs.
Would anyone believe that my favorite weapon is a legendary .38 auto pipe gun that also does AOE damage? It was one of the first legendaries I found on this character.

It rips groups of baddies to shreds. After I clear a room, it's full of dismembered heads, limbs and torsos.

Named it Roombroom.
Mine was a legendary super stunning sledge. The animation for the stun was a little stupid, but comical.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 18, 2016 at 12:05 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Would anyone believe that my favorite weapon is a legendary .38 auto pipe gun that also does AOE damage?  It was one of the first legendaries I found on this character.

It rips groups of baddies to shreds.  After I clear a room, it's full of dismembered heads, limbs and torsos.

Named it Roombroom.

Somehow, I got a gauss rifle pretty early on.  It think it was fighting the mirelurk queen, who I let wipe out absolutely everyone so I could have karma-free loot rights.

After that, I just kept leveling rifle damage and got my mod skills to max, and that easily carried me through the end of the game.

I might try to replay without ever using V.A.T.S. and on the hardest setting.
I carry a modified legendary .44 that I've named "Rhae's cannon". Obviously my character's name is Rhae.

She also carries a 303 sniper rifle called "Rhae's lobotomiser"
I was kind of disappointed with the game. Not nearly as atmospheric as F3, and far too colourful for a post apocalyptic world. Managed to introduce some interesting features though. Customising power armour (painting it hot rod red increases your agility, because of course it does), crafting weapons and chemistry taken from Skyrim's alchemical labs, along with constructing and defending outposts. Yeah, fun game, but still disappointing.
[Image: 874E5143FDD43F4DE056E86A0840E71C04FDE763]

Gun-fu, gunslinger, kelloggs revolver, chems, ten stimpacks, fuck ton of VATS. In survival mode.

Gun-fu makes every forth target in VATS and beyond a critical regardless of whether the first three connect. Kelloggs revolver restores full VATS on a critical. VATS also greatly reduces incoming damage during attacks as does psycho and med-x. Stimpacks restore health extremely slowly on survival mode but enough to balance out the incoming damage between VATS volleys. 
I put a round in Fathers skull to see if I could get away with it. I took the elevator back to the teleporter and there they were. Forty of them all lined up and waiting for me. What played out was like an alternate ending for Red Dead Redemption.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I'm finally getting around to advancing the main quest line (!) and Dogmeat has flown the coop. Verified on an 18 hour old savegame that he's at Zimonja along with all of my other minions and he is - or was - there. But a doghouse in case he's off sulking, nope. He's not at Sanctuary or Red Rocket as far as I can tell.

Apparently he's required to advance the questline.