Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your current forum goal?
RE: What is your current forum goal?
(May 29, 2018 at 7:07 pm)Shell B Wrote: There is a need. You took something I said to someone else personally and waxed on and on about how I don’t understand philosophy,

You joked about people not understand philosophy and saying it was nonsense. I took issue with it because I wanted to address that statement whether it was a joke or not. It's still not clear whether you actually think it's all nonsense or actually think my grasp on philosophy is tenuous or that I actually don't understand it.

Quote: which is hilarious because I have never once spoken to you about philosophy because I don’t typically invite one-way walls of text as conversation.

You seem to be taking this much too personally. A lot more personally than I am.

Again, you spoke of philosophy being nonsense and I said that that was incorrect. You said my grasp on philosophy was tenuous whereas I only said that you don't understand it because that's all assuming that you actually mean that philosophy is all nonsense. I'm saying that if you think philosophy is all nonsense then you don't understand it. Your response is to say my grasp is tenuous and to think that there's a need to get all huffy about it.

Quote: I think you’re about as expert as a bag of rocks.

Again, I never said I was smarter than you. And I never insulted your intelligence. But you say that my grasp on philosophy is tenuous, you say that there is a need for you to get huffy, and you say that I am about as expert as a bag of rocks when I never claimed to be anything of the sort anyway. All I said was that if you think it's all nonsense then that's because you understand it and not because those who appreciate it don't understand it. I was only saying that basically "You say I don't understand it whereas I say you don't understand it."

Perhaps you are the one who needs to back off if you aren't willing to have me disagree with you about philosophy being all nonsense without getting all huffy with me? Joke or not, my point was that if you really think that then you don't understand it as far as I'm concerned. You got huffy and personal and I did not. But whatever. Perhaps you should take your own advice and back off. But only if you want to. I'm not going to get huffy and tell you what to do over an unimportant disagreement like you did with me. Perhaps it is your ego that needs to be in check if you think that I'm saying that I'm smarter than you just because I think that you saying philosophy is all nonsense is because you don't understand and appreciate it. You were just joking and you don't really think it's all nonsense or fail to appreciate it? Fine then! We don't even have a disagreement then! What's the problem?
Yes Kitty is quite the looker, too.
(May 29, 2018 at 7:10 pm)KittyAnn Wrote:
(May 29, 2018 at 7:04 pm)Edwardo Piet Wrote: Hehe one thing I've noticed about you is that you're quite easily embarrassed Tongue

Let me see if I can embarrass you again: I've seen your photos and you're very beautiful! Did it work? Hehe.

Yes it's work, very well... Blush  Blush  but please stop talking Hammy and go to sleep... I like you even without it Smile

LOL you're always telling me to go to sleep. Tongue

It's like your catchphrase with me Wink

I've not even been awake that long I woke up at like 3.PM lol.
(May 29, 2018 at 7:24 pm)Edwardo Piet Wrote: You joked about people not understand philosophy and saying it was nonsense. I took issue with it because I wanted to address that statement whether it was a joke or not. It's still not clear whether you actually think it's all nonsense or actually think my grasp on philosophy is tenuous or that I actually don't understand it.

It doesn't need to made clear, Hammy. I'm not now or ever going to talk about philosophy with you. What I said after my first post in response to you getting "huffy" with me was sincere. I highly doubt you have some next-level grasp of philosophy.

Quote:You seem to be taking this much too personally. A lot more personally than I am.

No, I'm irritated with you. It's different.

Quote:Again, you spoke of philosophy being nonsense and I said that that was incorrect. You said my grasp on philosophy was tenuous whereas I only said that you don't understand it because that's all assuming that you actually mean that philosophy is all nonsense. I'm saying that if you think philosophy is all nonsense then you don't understand it. Your response is to say my grasp is tenuous and to think that there's a need to get all huffy about it.

I joked to someone else that what you all say about philosophy is nonsense, not that philosophy itself is nonsense. Either way, your response was funnier than my joke ever could be.

Quote:And I never insulted your intelligence.

Bullshit.

Quote:Perhaps you are the one who needs to back off

How does one back off from a conflict they didn't start? Is it by repeatedly responding with one-liners to encourage an end to the discussion? Because I thought that's what I was doing. Now, I've used up my quota of Hammy patience.
(May 29, 2018 at 7:38 pm)Shell B Wrote: It doesn't need to made clear, Hammy.

I didn't say it did I was merely curious.

Quote:I'm not now or ever going to talk about philosophy with you.

Alright then. So I have no idea whether you are joking or not about my grasp on philosophy being tenuous. That's fine.

Quote: What I said after my first post in response to you getting "huffy" with me was sincere.

I wasn't huffy. I said that there was no need for you to get huffy and you said that there was a need.

Quote:I highly doubt you have some next-level grasp of philosophy.

I highly doubt that as well. I'm confused why you even made the comment about me not being an expert. Of course I'm not an expert, lol. I don't have to be an expert to understand that it's not all nonsense and that some of it makes sense.

Quote:No, I'm irritated with you. It's different.

But why when I was only addressing what you said?

Quote:I joked to someone else that what you all say about philosophy is nonsense, not that philosophy itself is nonsense.

Well does that include me? Are you also joking about what I say about philosophy being nonsense? Does the fact that you're joking mean that you don't actually think that what I say about philosophy is nonsense?

Oh, I won't know because you don't want to talk about it. That's fine. I wanted to talk about it. I was merely curious and responding to you and telling you that what you said was incorrect. I didn't know that you were joking in a such a way that you didn't actually believe the statement you wrote. I thought you were being playful but nevertheless believed that my grasp, and others who talk about here's grasp, on philosophy was nonsense. I also believed that you believed philosophy itself was all nonsense but I clearly misunderstood you on that.

Quote: Either way, your response was funnier than my joke ever could be.

So are you amused or irritated? Lol. I'm most definitely only curious and amused at most.

Quote:Bullshit.

Lol. If I insulted your intelligence it was only by telling you that you didn't understand philosophy better than I did. So it looks like you find me saying "You're not smarter than I am" is an insult, lol. Which says more about your ego than mine. It's like you think that me saying that we're on equal terms is an insult because you think you're smarter than me, lol. So who is really insulting who?

Quote:How does one back off from a conflict they didn't start?

You did start a conflict. I responded to your post (the fact that your post wasn't directed at me is irrelevant because my response to you wasn't starting any conflict)... and you were the only one to get huffy and you told me to back off. You started conflict.

Quote: Is it by repeatedly responding with one-liners to encourage an end to the discussion?

No. That was fine and I kept responding to your responses. You started conflict when you said that there is a need for you to get huffy with me and you said my grasp on philosophy was tenuous and told me to back off.

Quote: Because I thought that's what I was doing. Now, I've used up my quota of Hammy patience.

Well perhaps it's for the best that your 'patience' with me has ran out because you seem to have a knack for starting conflicts with me whenever I persistently disagree with you without agreeing to disagree even when you never asked for it. I personally never think there is a need for agreeing to disagree but if you had outright said "Let's agree to disagree" I'd have said "Okay". But if it was really just a joke on your part then what exactly is the problem?
Shell B, just let him have the last word....
(May 29, 2018 at 7:53 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Shell B, just let him have the last word....

I already planned on it. Big Grin
It's strange that you planned it, lol.

I'm sorry that you became irritated during our exchange but I'm glad that you were also amused by it.
(May 29, 2018 at 6:51 pm)KittyAnn Wrote:
(May 29, 2018 at 6:35 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Polecat is sweet.  Makes me want to pour her into a large cup of tea and stir her.

That differs from the many people I want to stir into a barrel of acid.

ohh Val you're absolutely charming and sweet❤️ but you make me feel embarrassed... Blush

Kitty, you're blowing her cover! She's supposed to be a part time vigilante serial killer! shhhhhh!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 29, 2018 at 9:21 pm)ignoramus Wrote:
(May 29, 2018 at 6:51 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: ohh Val you're absolutely charming and sweet❤️ but you make me feel embarrassed... Blush

Kitty, you're blowing her cover! She's supposed to be a part time vigilante serial killer! shhhhhh!

Vigilante??

Part time??

😠
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The current state of engineering Macoleco 14 1081 November 24, 2021 at 7:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Take another look at your initial introduction thread to this forum Foxaèr 55 8629 May 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Find out how much your fellow forum members are getting screwed Catholic_Lady 68 7237 April 13, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Forum game: who from AF would you invite to your party? emjay 301 29733 January 9, 2016 at 6:45 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  What's your current car/vehicle? And what's your fantasy car/vehicle? MJ the Skeptical 34 8925 May 23, 2014 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  The Severely Limited Vocabulary of the Current Generation RonaldReagansGhost666 38 11601 March 21, 2013 at 2:39 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko