Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 4:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Countdown to the next username change
RE: Countdown to the next username change
(October 4, 2023 at 10:42 am)Foxaèr Wrote: I rarely visit Facebook. So it was the boyfriend who called me this morning to let me know of a message he received there. The thinking was that I had received the same message.

A funeral home where my mother lived wants me to contact them regarding the finalization of her death.

Having not seen her since I was a kid, I never did manage to reconnect with her in person.

Since my mother was not married, they just need me to sign for her ashes to be released to my aunt who is taking take of everything.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 4, 2023 at 11:50 am)Foxaèr Wrote:
(October 4, 2023 at 10:42 am)Foxaèr Wrote: I rarely visit Facebook. So it was the boyfriend who called me this morning to let me know of a message he received there. The thinking was that I had received the same message.

A funeral home where my mother lived wants me to contact them regarding the finalization of her death.

Having not seen her since I was a kid, I never did manage to reconnect with her in person.

Since my mother was not married, they just need me to sign for her ashes to be released to my aunt who is taking take of everything.

I seem to recall that you didn't have much to do with your father but I didn't realize you were also estranged from your mother.

Who raised you?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 4, 2023 at 2:48 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 4, 2023 at 11:50 am)Foxaèr Wrote: Since my mother was not married, they just need me to sign for her ashes to be released to my aunt who is taking take of everything.

I seem to recall that you didn't have much to do with your father but I didn't realize you were also estranged from your mother.

Who raised you?

Wild foxes?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 4, 2023 at 2:48 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 4, 2023 at 11:50 am)Foxaèr Wrote: Since my mother was not married, they just need me to sign for her ashes to be released to my aunt who is taking take of everything.

Who raised you?

I was raised by my father and grandparents. For most of my youth, I swapped trailerholds on a weekly basis. One week at the residence of my father, the next week at the residence of my grandparents, and so on. Only when my younger sister began to act out by trying to hook up with adult men did this arrangement cease. I stayed with my father and she stayed with our grandparents.
~ Erin Hunter
(October 4, 2023 at 2:54 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
(October 4, 2023 at 2:48 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I seem to recall that you didn't have much to do with your father but I didn't realize you were also estranged from your mother.

Who raised you?

I was raised by my father and grandparents. For most of my youth, I swapped trailerholds on a weekly basis. One week at the residence of my father, the next week at the residence of my grandparents, and so on. Only when my younger sister began to act out by trying to hook up with adult men did this arrangement cease. I stayed with my father and she stayed with our grandparents.
 I see.  Husband went between grandparents and great grandmother who lived two houses apart.  His parents were useless.  His half-sister was pretty much raised by her other grandparents.  I didn't ever get the memo that I could quit parenting.  Not that I would have allowed my kids to grow up with my parents.

Husband had over a dozen step-mothers though he only interacted with a couple of them.  He can't even name them all.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

So here is the deal with the new place where I am working. I have not felt the need to share about any other place, because this new place stresses me out worse than I have experienced in some time.

~ Erin Hunter
I spoke with someone and the new part-time schedule will be implemented, although it might take as long as a couple of weeks. Which is understandable.
~ Erin Hunter
Maybe get out of facilities. Have you considered home health?

(can't remember if you did this in the past)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Since I am cutting back on my hours at work, I am going to attempt to write another novel.
~ Erin Hunter
Prologue of an untitled novel:

~ Erin Hunter