Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 4:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(July 24, 2015 at 12:44 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(July 24, 2015 at 10:08 am)Rekeisha Wrote: So you are right in thinking that there is no right or wrong?

Also if I get your understanding of morality correct then morality is might over right? If the majority of people say that a certain thing is correct the minority is of no consiquence? It sure did suit Hitler's needs to blame the jews and then remove them from socitey to keep his hold on power. He and others agreed that it was correct. So according to your view this is the way it should be done and the only reason it is wrong is because other have collected together to say so.

At no point have I ever said there were no right and wrong. I keep saying that there IS right and wrong, and I define those terms as I understand them. Every time I do, you simply wave it all away and say "So you just don't believe in right and wrong."

That is a fucking Straw Man argument, and I am getting tired of reading it. If you're sticking to it that insistently, it means you're either willfully ignoring/misrepresenting my words as a deliberate Straw Man, or you are so stupid that you will not understand what I write regardless of how I word it.

Right and wrong exist. They are abstract human concepts for "good" and "bad" behavior, respectively.

And no, you obviously do not understand my view on morality...either that, or you are (again) deliberately twisting it to suit your need for an easily attacked opponent. Instead of addressing what I actually said, you're "understanding" my argument as a bunch of shit I didn't say, then attacking those made up points because you apparently can't address the real ones.

Your stupid little Nazi argument is an appeal to emotion and not worth addressing (like most of the shit you spout), but I'll go ahead and address it just to be thorough. First of all, "Might Over Right" is not the majority accepted moral system in pluralistic, secular societies. As I have said MULTIPLE TIMES now, human morality is generally sourced by a combination of personal empathy and social conditioning. In your case, most of the social conditioning seems to come from Sunday School Class, hence your willful ignorance, air-tight confirmation bias, and general lack of critical thinking skills.

Hitler failed because his actions were grossly immoral. I believe this personally, and it just so happens that much of the global community agrees with me, just as they did in the 1940s. That's why he wound up killing himself in a bunker somewhere. He fucked up, and he knew it. He did not get away with anything. He lost everything and died alone and in shame, and rightly so.

By the way, it just so happens that the very Gaud you defend was the mechanism by which Hitler foisted a genocidal morality on the German populace. The Nazi party and Hitler himself widely advertised the movement's basis on Christianity and association with the Christian Gaud. Before you go speaking to emotion by throwing Nazi arguments around, you might want to check your history.

Fuck, why do I even bother?

Actually hitler based his thinking on social evolution and the teachings of Friedrich Nietzsche. He like Nietzsche was an atheist. The people allowed themselves to be blined by their own sinful desires and lack of biblical knowledge. There was a confessing church in Germany who did not align themselves with Hitler and fought back. You can read the biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer to get more information on that. It was not a belief or disbelief in God but a change life throught repentance and makeing Him your lord and savior that makes the difference.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - July 25, 2015 at 11:56 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1480 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1087 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 16134 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3591 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5435 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5896 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5361 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3848 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 18176 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7125 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy