Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 18, 2024, 4:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How it was forged.
RE: How it was forged.
I knew about the clock tower already, actually and that the Abraj Al Bait was built by the Saudi Binladin Group (lol). Though it does seem symbolic that they would put the calligraphy for the word “Allah” above any Saudi symbols. But then they ruin it by putting that Pagan moon symbol above Allah. The crescent moon has a variety of meanings, such as being associated with Lord Shiva from Hinduism or Tenguri (crescent and pole represents this deity).

The story goes that a certain Ottoman sultan had a dream and decided to adopt the symbol. Not sure why he would want to adopt such a symbol, but my guess is he got his inspiration it from Tengurism, the ancient religion of the Turkic people. But what I find fascinating is the use of the symbol on Mosques built before the Ottomans conquered the area, such as atop the Great Mosque of Damascus, where the shrine to John the Baptist is (the pope, John Paul 2, visited this Mosque for this reason). The Umayyad Mosque has some fine architecture and DEASH has a habit of following the example of Abdul Wahaab so I hope the Syrians can at least keep it safe.

If I had one, would beat the Saudi flag with my shoe. Then again, it has the Shahada on it, so maybe the coat of arms of Saudi is better so I offend less people. Saudi is the reason why I can't seem to have an intelligent discussion with Sunnis. Their minds have become corrupted by the Saudi narrative. Immediately they jump to science in the Quran. Or maybe I've just had rotten luck.

Shia have people like Yasser Al-Habib (born in Kuwait apparently), sure, but he doesn't have the reach of someone like Zakir Naik or Yusuf Estes, both of whom are considered mainstream in Sunni circles. And, sure, Press TV is Iranian propaganda, but this nothing compared with what Saudi does. Why the United Kingdom would grant someone like Yasser Al-Habib asylum is confusing considering they ban Zakir Naik from entering the country. That seems like a double standard.

It didn't even used to be the case that Kathir couldn't enter Mecca, apparently. The Sikh Guru, Nanak, went to Mecca during his travels. People use this fact against Sikhs but there is nothing to suggest he completed any pilgrimage. He merely passed through Mecca. I know Quran 9:28 says idolaters are not approach the Sacred Mosque, but I see a number of problems with the Iyah.

Quran 9:28 “O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear poverty, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, for Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.”

First, like many Iyah in the Quran, it doesn't mention Mecca by name. People simply assume that it's referring to Mecca. I remember there is a man named Dan Gibson who visited many early Mosque sites and found the Qublia was not always facing Mecca.
This is his website I believe:
http://www.searchformecca.com/
(There are various resources available for download, and a book to buy, for those interested)

Second, the verse is more interesting for what it doesn't say rather what it does. Atheist, by definition, can't be Pagans so should they be allowed near the Sacred Mosque? Saudi loves money so they could turn Mecca into a world famous tourist attraction, like the Vatican is, if they haven't already. It would certainly help with the Dawah. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saudis were artificially keeping the Zamzam spring flowing.

Contaminated 'Zam Zam' holy water from Mecca sold in UK, BBC article

The article says “"Zam Zam" water is gathered from a well in Mecca but there is a ban on exporting it from Saudi Arabia”, which could be interpreted as giving credence to the theory that Saudi is artificially adding water to the spring. I say this because it may be the case the Saudi doesn't want the water to be tested and people find out that it's just plain tap water and the spring dried out years ago.

Thirdly this verse has to be one of the reasons Saudi gives for barring Kathir from Mecca. However, it provides no definition of what a Pagan actually is. Some would even consider Christians Pagan and cite various reasons for doing so. This is once again the Saudi establishment forcing their interpretation upon others and it reinforces the need for Mecca to be independent of the al-Saud family and the Wahaabi (i.e. Salafist) narrative they promote.

I also knew about the Doomsday Clock. Fortunately there was that Fawta (not exactly a Fawta, but whatever) against climate change, so there is some hope. The United States is full of hypocrites who would like to deny that the United States likes to bully everyone.

Just yesterday we learnt of the Afghan hospital bombing yet at the same time the United States is accusing the Russian Federation of killing civilians in Syria. And we also had Texas senator Ted Cruz making death threats against the Ayatollah recently too. And then they wonder why people chant “death to America”. There are so many reasons to hate the United States – the list is seemingly endless. But at least we can NASA for memory foam mattresses, pocket calculators and amazing photographs of all of the planets, including Pluto.

While we're on the subject of NASA, I must correct you on something. We don't need the sun or moon for plants to grow. Plants, including edible ones, have been grown on the International Space Station without the use of sunlight and then eaten. They use artificial lights that replicate the effect of sunlight.

I sort of understand what you're referring to when you talk about your religious slavery. But it's paradoxical. You can never be completely free from Earthly desires. I see all these (Sunni) Fascist Da'is preaching about how we shouldn't be materialistic yet they sponge off of those that donate to them and wear designer clothes and go on so many nice holidays whilst those they take advantage of suffer. I know that DawahMan, for example, has been reported for fraud by TheRatioanlizer.

I don't remember you telling me personally that you're not a Sunni, but now I know. Regardless, I think we have talked about slavery enough. I'm not suggesting you like to wear peculiar hats but where I live is nothing like the United States, where big business does dominate to an unhealthy degree. If people care about Capitalism then they would put measures in place to restrain big business from becoming too powerful. Funny how Americans lecture the rest of the world about Democracy when there is none where they live.

I was not suggesting Allah has human attributes, even though Allah is shown to get angry and is vengeful against the Jews. I'm surprised Iran and Africans have been blamed for the recent troubles in Mecca and it's not been the fault of Zionists for once. However, what I am saying is that it was non-nonsensical for Iblis to refuse to bow before Adam. Allah created Iblis knowing this would happen. I could create a better universe than Allah if I was given the same powers Allah is said to have.

Messages In This Thread
How it was forged. - by WinterHold - September 24, 2015 at 8:17 am
RE: How it was forged. - by Iroscato - September 24, 2015 at 8:22 am
RE: How it was forged. - by ignoramus - September 24, 2015 at 8:33 am
RE: How it was forged. - by Iroscato - September 24, 2015 at 8:36 am
RE: How it was forged. - by brewer - September 24, 2015 at 8:41 am
RE: How it was forged. - by ignoramus - September 24, 2015 at 8:42 am
RE: How it was forged. - by downbeatplumb - September 24, 2015 at 12:35 pm
RE: How it was forged. - by Cato - September 24, 2015 at 8:41 pm
RE: How it was forged. - by ReptilianPeon - September 24, 2015 at 8:45 am
RE: How it was forged. - by abaris - September 24, 2015 at 12:50 pm
RE: How it was forged. - by ReptilianPeon - September 24, 2015 at 5:56 pm