Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 3:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taxation
Taxation
I've been watching a lot of videos recently about taxation being theft, and listened to the opinions of people who believe a government is not essential in maintaining a civilization.

I don't necessarily believe that would work but it did make me think of another idea, please tell me what you think about it, if you think it's totally fucking stupid I'd appreciate knowing why.

I was thinking what if a part of the taxation process was the person being taxed gets to decide which part of the countries upkeep their money is going to. 

Maybe their would be certain areas considered absolutely necessary with a fixed percentage of how much tax goes towards them for example health care, education, road maintenance and a few others.

But say for example when people complain about immigrants getting free money from the government they can choose to not use any of their taxes towards this cause and instead direct towards health care.  Or if a political party wants to erect a monument, functional building for the local people then it's the local people who decide with their money if they want to spend it on that or they might rather spend it on more police officers.
Say if a countries leader wanted to go to war, the people of that country could decide that country is not a threat to national security at all and refuse to pay for it.

I realize it would be a complicated process but it's just a thought that's been going round my mind, wondered what other people think.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
Taxation - by paulpablo - October 26, 2015 at 7:31 pm
RE: Taxation - by Minimalist - October 26, 2015 at 7:33 pm
RE: Taxation - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - October 26, 2015 at 7:47 pm
RE: Taxation - by paulpablo - October 26, 2015 at 7:56 pm
RE: Taxation - by Minimalist - October 26, 2015 at 8:03 pm
RE: Taxation - by paulpablo - October 26, 2015 at 8:06 pm
RE: Taxation - by Chad32 - October 26, 2015 at 8:33 pm
RE: Taxation - by Minimalist - October 26, 2015 at 9:32 pm
RE: Taxation - by Wyrd of Gawd - October 31, 2015 at 9:33 pm
RE: Taxation - by abaris - October 31, 2015 at 9:42 pm
RE: Taxation - by paulpablo - November 1, 2015 at 3:12 am
RE: Taxation - by Wyrd of Gawd - November 1, 2015 at 4:52 am
RE: Taxation - by paulpablo - November 1, 2015 at 6:58 am
RE: Taxation - by downbeatplumb - November 1, 2015 at 8:28 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tom The Dancing Bug and Double Taxation Minimalist 0 2028 November 22, 2012 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist