Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 9:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
As a non-believer, how do I mentally let go of things beyond my control??...
#10
RE: As a non-believer, how do I mentally let go of things beyond my control??...
(January 23, 2011 at 1:39 pm)dave4shmups Wrote: This is something that I've really struggled with. As a Christian, I used to mentally surrender things that I could not control to the god that I believed in. And I do have a LOT of stress at work right now!


Emotional stress is like $$$ in the bank...

IF I am going to invest $$$ I bloody-well want a good return on my investment.!!

So IF a situation is OUT of my control it would seem fruitless to 'invest' emotional energy worrying about it.

Similar to the serenity prayer but a bit more materialistic....(only way to get through to a young "budding accountant" daughter)

No worries! Great
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: As a non-believer, how do I mentally let go of things beyond my control??... - by KichigaiNeko - January 24, 2011 at 3:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Five Things She Doesn't Like About Atheists AFTT47 33 4965 April 1, 2026 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Atheist, i will leave my religion to mysif you let transsexuals leave their ideology Rihehd 34 13020 June 8, 2025 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 6891 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 14118 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 8301 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Let's be honest Kingpin 109 26066 May 21, 2023 at 5:39 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 6604 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  My 2004 Ford C-max can do amazing things I_am_not_mafia 21 6987 March 16, 2018 at 4:28 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Atheism in control would be bad Radieo31 66 25780 January 13, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  brainwashing & mind control techniques purplepurpose 6 2843 November 24, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)