Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 7:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ontological Argument - valid or debunked?
RE: The Ontological Argument - valid or debunked?
He is still saying that I am wrong about God being ontologicial in some way Wink The truth is that I am not wrong, but I am being attacked in that "I am not basing my theories in reality." This is common from atheists which wish to disprove claims of believers in God, just destroy the whole premise. MY arguement is simply stating that to have a coherant belief in God one must put a basis on the presumpsion of there being any such thing, whatsoever as ontologicial, that is omnipotent etc God in ANY general way. This is the most direct path to the entire arguement I feel. Using truth to assert that God must be ontologicial and therefore real. It also is the only arguement which supposes direct truths toward God being necessarially a first cause without any prior presumpsion, as you can clearly see. So in a way if we do use this theory to base upon any correct ontologicial arguement, it is very possible that we are correct in our presumpsions that any God we state that is the true God is indeed confirmed as the true one. There is no need for questioning this as you can see. All further that would be required is a direct physical proof of God, showing that he indeed can be confirmed as existing in physical reality, to support the proof that he exists "ontologically" as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ontological Argument - valid or debunked? - by JBrentonK - June 21, 2016 at 2:34 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Ontological Argument for the Existence of God athrock 429 77355 March 14, 2016 at 2:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why theists think their irrational/fallacious beliefs are valid Foxaèr 26 6517 May 1, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic