Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's all about you, my dear
RE: It's all about you, my dear
Our universe (probably one of many universes) doesn't care about us - at all. Life is a rare thing and we are very fortunate to be here. So many things in our universe could exterminate life easily. A black hole, a star exploding or asteroid impact to name some things.

Yes, Syria is very sad. But then if you look around, even just Atheistforums.org is a sign of how far humans have come. We no longer need to just survive. We are at the stage where we can afford to do seemingly pointless things as post on websites such as this one. It is testament to the amazing human brain and body.

The gymnast doesn't need to exist but he or she can show many of the amazing feats the human body is capable, and provide good entertainment. The dancer is the same. They had to use their big human brains to come up with the complex moves, and that takes time. But as hominids are so advanced now.

Even in the poorest countries people still manage to find time to do seemingly pointless things. Even in though times people are still able to celebrate occasions (except when al-Saud's Henchmen come along because they everything nice).  The Quran keeps telling us how insignificant humans are:- If you look at the story of Noah you begin to see how meaningless human life is to Allah. I actually thing humans are amazing animals.

Humans are working towards making life far less "tough". We have it easier today than centuries previously. We can beat loads of illnesses. And soon, even MS will be beaten as a few years from now (within your lifetime) we will be able to edit genes in living humans. Genetic engineering will extend human lifespan by decades - maybe even centuries - as we will repair damaged DNA and take the genes from animals that are immune to ageing. Meanwhile, what is Allah doing?

Here you go (good video 16:03, long):
Genetic Engineering Will Change Everything Forever – CRISPR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY

Messages In This Thread
It's all about you, my dear - by WinterHold - August 27, 2016 at 7:09 am
RE: It's all about you, my dear - by Alex K - August 27, 2016 at 7:21 am
RE: It's all about you, my dear - by chimp3 - August 27, 2016 at 7:29 am
RE: It's all about you, my dear - by Aoi Magi - August 27, 2016 at 7:51 am
RE: It's all about you, my dear - by Jesster - August 27, 2016 at 8:03 am
RE: It's all about you, my dear - by robvalue - August 27, 2016 at 8:13 am
RE: It's all about you, my dear - by Brian37 - August 27, 2016 at 8:25 am
RE: It's all about you, my dear - by RobertE - August 27, 2016 at 8:28 am