Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 9:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(October 20, 2016 at 2:13 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: And yeah, we can ignore, use the ignore feature, etc., but that has never been a real solution.  Why?  Because some people don't like ignoring others out of principle.  And someone quoting an ignored person has that ignored person's text in the non-ignored person's message.  And there's always some newbie who, not knowing the personalities here, engages and quickly finds themselves bombarded with bullshit when all they want is support.  I mean, shit, how many times have the old vultures circled around kids who were just barely getting comfortable with the mere idea of questioning their beliefs?

I'm sorry but that is a weak excuse. Not ignoring people out of principle? Really? Ignoring people is the adult way to handle obnoxious people. I'm on this site literally every week day and have had only a few run ins with this guy. Simply cause I stay out of the areas he is in. My mother used to tell me when I was little to just ignore my little sisters when they frustrated me. Sure enough once I did they couldn't bother me anymore. We shouldn't have to give this lesson to grown adults on the internet. Don't feed him and he will have nothing to react to. Warn other newbs when they get into it with him and if they don't listen let the two of them duke it out themselves. Others are not needed to be involved.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by mlmooney89 - October 20, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1898 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious