Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 3:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(October 20, 2016 at 4:46 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(October 20, 2016 at 2:39 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Don't you bitchers know how good you have it here? If not, try elsewhere. I don't think you'll find anything comparable. Or set up your own site, something which I am incapable of and not willing to do. My guess is that the bitchers are not either.  

And I'm not saying don't bitch, but for gods sake (there I go) keep it within reason.

One last thing, if you're not donating, as far as I'm concerned, you should be thrilled that the forum exists at all.

Well, seems to me that free speech shouldn't consist of "if you don't like it, leave." What's so wrong with "If you don't like it, speak up"?

I certainly enjoy the forum and the free exhcnage of ideas it allows. That doesn't mean I like everything about it.

I've never been a fan of love it or leave it rhetoric, especially in this context -- it smacks of paying lip-service to free expression, while at the same time discouraging it.

I don't believe I said love it or leave it, but maybe that is what you want to hear. You should speak up, but it should be within reason. 

I'll let you decide if I'm paying lip service.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by brewer - October 20, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1898 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious