Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 11:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(October 20, 2016 at 10:50 pm)Shell B Wrote: People stick up for him and stand by him because he does the sometimes thankless job of keeping this heap running, not because he's a dictator. He deals with the type of bullshit being slung at him here with barely a whisper of complaint. He spends hours of time cleaning up after people who can't handle being an adult on the Internet. He does this all calmly, kindly and with more consideration than people like Thump deserve. Ex-staff and friends know this, so don't think you'll get far ripping into him around this joint. The only power he has is that people like him and are grateful to him. I'm not sure you'll find people are as willing to defend you against him. Good luck, though.

As much as I don't think Thump is being fair to Tibs about the staff stuff, I don't think it's really fair to Thump to say he doesn't deserve kindness and consideration, either. He's a skeptic, he's supportive, and he's die-hard defensive about people he cares about.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by rexbeccarox - October 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1901 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious