Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 1:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help finding...
RE: Help finding...
Every so often some one shows up making the inane claim that their 8th century book of fables contains modern scientific evidence.

The web is crowded with denunciations of those claims.

http://councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=4537.0

Quote:I would like to take this opportunity to write about my views of the supposed scientific miracles that the Qur'an accurately predicted.

Before I start to talk about the supposed miracles, I want to talk about some major issues I have with this idea.

1. This idea among Muslim's is a very recent phenomenon, not known before the 1970s and having gained massive popularity through the internet.

2. I have yet to see a verse in the Qur'an which clearly contains modern scientific information. All of the verses which contain supposed scientific miracles are very vague and can be taken to mean a number of things, and very often, the supposed scientific miracle is one of the least likely meanings. People often use a psychological tendency called "confirmation bias" which means to interpret information to confirm one's preconceptions and to avoid information and interpretations which contradict prior beliefs.

Messages In This Thread
Help finding... - by Eternity - June 5, 2011 at 12:29 am
RE: Help finding... - by eric209 - June 5, 2011 at 12:53 am
RE: Help finding... - by Minimalist - June 5, 2011 at 2:16 am
RE: Help finding... - by eric209 - June 5, 2011 at 2:37 am
RE: Help finding... - by Rayaan - June 5, 2011 at 4:03 am
RE: Help finding... - by Zen Badger - June 5, 2011 at 4:13 am
RE: Help finding... - by Eternity - June 5, 2011 at 4:26 am
RE: Help finding... - by Rayaan - June 5, 2011 at 4:50 am
RE: Help finding... - by Minimalist - June 5, 2011 at 12:32 pm
RE: Help finding... - by Eternity - June 5, 2011 at 3:59 pm
RE: Help finding... - by frankiej - June 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help finding a book for cheap. Mudhammam 3 1162 October 24, 2014 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam