Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2026, 2:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
(October 30, 2016 at 8:59 am)Mariosep Wrote: Mathilda 327 says:

"    Mariosep Wrote:
   Do you ever take notice that I keep mentioning the phrase first and foremost, in my concept of God, namely, God in concept is FIRST AND FOREMOST the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning?


From Mathilda
You are making an unfounded assumption that there needs to be a first cause. A first cause has no explanatory power. How did the first cause come about? And if it is eternal then why cannot the universe be eternal? As I explained earlier, what is the first cause of a snow flake?

__________________

"...there needs to be a first cause," that is already an over-used party's line; go and read some more but from serious thinkers about first cause.

And I hope you will come to another party's line, as you read further on cause, and bring it up here to confront me with it.


Looks like our problem is not taking our opinions from serious thinkers.  Shame on us.  Come on guys, we're better than this.  It isn't like she is insisting we think for ourselves.  She only asks that we cut and past our answers from serious thinkers, you know, the ones she uses herself.  Then, if we can point out to her that she has misunderstood her own sources, I'm sure she will agree with us.
So she hasn't been ignoring what we say, she's just waiting for us to confront her properly using authorities that she herself takes seriously.  Nothing out of the ordinary here.[/sarcasm]
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by deleteduser12345 - October 25, 2016 at 12:48 pm
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by Whateverist - October 30, 2016 at 11:34 am
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by deleteduser12345 - November 7, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Do you care what other atheists think of you? Secular Heckler 27 7279 September 7, 2026 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 34 9988 July 17, 2024 at 7:34 am
Last Post: awty
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 32513 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 17592 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 1748 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 3331 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 6345 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 6276 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Illustrating the burden of proof - pay me! Nachos_of_Nurgle 109 26401 February 18, 2022 at 5:10 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 2705 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)