Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 12:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(November 4, 2016 at 4:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(November 4, 2016 at 2:24 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Not sure what you're counting as bullying but I like occasionally to rip him a new one.  Sometimes it just feels right to dish to him the lack of respect he so often hands out.  Naturally it makes me feel dirty after so then I'll just go back to ignoring him.  He certainly serves a function. Nice to know that when I've feeling angry and vile there is someone I can reach out and whip who so richly deserves it.

I never get tired of it.

I know, right? He's the gift that keeps on giving when I'm in a bad mood.

But I'm not an asshole 24/7 and, every now and then, I actually resolve to play nicer with him.

Then he posts something.

That's usually all it takes for me to fall off the wagon. You'd think he'd learn that there are other Christians here who are treated well and are respected because of the way they handle themselves and perhaps adjust his approach accordingly. But no. He's too arrogant and full of himself for that. I suppose that goes with the territory when a person identifies so closely with Jesus and Paul.

Then again, he's under the illusion that his manner is thought-provoking, as opposed to annoying or infuriating. And apparently he's never wrong -- especially when his vaunted sources are going down in flames, his 'ideas' are exposed as garbage, and his dickish manner is being called out. He's never more right than at such times. Just ask him. Or A/S/K him. Or what-the-fuck-ever.

For all that, I'm glad he's here. I never called for his head and would hate to see him banned. He's too valuable to the atheist community to cut loose.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by Crossless1 - November 4, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1898 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious