Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 12:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(November 7, 2016 at 7:28 pm)Whateverist Wrote: I'd really like to ask MrsRich some questions about her own religious experience.  I have no idea if she is actually using her account of if Drich is doing the answering.  But if it is the missus, I'd be curious to know:

1)  Is religion/church as important to you as it is the hubby?  

2)  Drich describes converting from atheism as an adult.  Did you make such a conversion or have you always been a believer?

3)  Are you also big on proselytizing in RL, and are you both members of the same church?

Just going one post at a time i have not looked to see what she said nor do we discuss our posts..
This is how I would answer for her:

1)Yes but is a different way.. In reference to Paul's analogy we are different part of the same body. Meaning we all have different functions. Her service to the body would be different than my own. To judge importance I'd say we'd have an equal dedication just different ways to serve. So you can't really judge importance based on what we do or how long it takes us to do it. but more on the idea/fact of where our heart is in what we do. Me here and situations like this. her service centers around the benevolence/giving out food boxes to the poor. (what we use to do together when we first met.)

2)She grew up in the church, but had to figure God out as her pic of God and what the church teaches is not the same thing..

3)She is not big on preaching.. Technically we are members of the church we met at.

But basically my work is done here. I've been asked several times to do different things/teach or whatever but what i have to say is almost Anti-Religion.

There like here people ask me questions and I ask do you want to know what the church says or what the bible says? And I tell them which always leads to more questions.. The hardcore church people hate this.. and It causes problems, so I back way off so as not to split the church.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by Drich - November 9, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1901 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious