Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 8:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone identify with being feminine? How about masculine?
Anyone identify with being feminine? How about masculine?
Wasn't quite sure which forum to park this in but I'll put it here in the same forum as "Any anti-feminists? Any feminists?" which inspired it in part.  Probably would have gotten hooked in if I had been on much yesterday but happy to say I took a break and a really nice long walk.  On that walk something triggered a thought about "prettyness" and what it must be like to grow up in a world where that is a parameter I pay attention to.  Something I heard on the radio recently from a young woman writer who wrote a book about the 'girls' Charles Manson gathered around him.  The author read a passage from the point of view of a new girl to the group, and how she immediately and automatically sized up how pretty each of the girls was, who was the prettiest and how she herself stacked up against each one.  Made me wonder how 'normal' that is in women's experience.

Ladies, would you say "being/feeling feminine" is an integral part of your daily experience?  If so, can you describe what that is like?  I'd be just as interested to hear from our T community in this regard.  For both, I'd also be interested to know how you first became aware of that aspect of yourself.  For the L community, same questions.

For the gentlemen I wonder how you feel about 'masculinity'.  My own reaction is to wonder what that even is.  Masculinity, if I have it, isn't anything I'm aware of.  I can think about similarities between myself and other males, but there isn't anything I'm aware of which is as overt as what that author described on that radio interview.  Can anyone else think of something I may be overlooking?

Hope you won't mind if I leave off a poll this time.

Messages In This Thread
Anyone identify with being feminine? How about masculine? - by Whateverist - November 13, 2016 at 12:24 am