Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
Dear readers and atheist colleagues of this thread of mine, what I now call my coffee-shop, what do you know?

Here, let you know I am very happy that from yesterday’s morning to today’s morning I count 639 viewers or guests to my coffee-shop.

Yesterday’s morning: 21,987 viewers
Today’s morning: 22,626 viewers

22,626 – 21,987 = 639

So?

So, I am so happy that my coffee-shop is getting on so very well, and I thank the founders, owners, and operators of this forum for the privilege to have started and continued up to the present point in time operating my coffee-shop in their forum, though we belong to diametrically opposite sentiment, they being atheists and I a theist.

That is the great credit to the intellectual nobility of their heart and mind – can’t say the same of their comrades fellow atheists posting or visiting here my coffee-shop.

Now, dear readers here, today I am also happy that Astreja, an old-timer here, an atheist diehard, has brought up her concept of God.

Her concept of God as far as intellectual issues are concerned, it is an intellectual matter – though regrettably from her part, sadly she delivers it with raving mad foul language.

Let us dear readers however engage her on purely intellectual basis, no matter that she is into raving mad foul language.

Okay, here is her intellectual concept of God, alternative to mine, but first what is my concept of God?

I have delivered it nth times in this my coffee-shop of a thread, but I will repeat it again for the new visitors to my coffee-shop, as follows:

Quote:God in concept is first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

And God’s role in the totality of existence is as follows:

(1) The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence.

(2) Now, existence is of two kinds, namely:  (a) essential existence, and (b) transient existence.

(3) Essential existence is God Who is in concept first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

(4) Transient existence is what we observe with science and also basically with our experience of the default status of things in the totality of reality which is existence, to wit: the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

There, that is my concept of God and my explanation for His role in the totality of existence, as from a theist.

Now let me reproduce from the post of Astreja her concept of God and also her explanation for God’s non-role in the totality of existence itself, see below in ANNEX the whole by me unedited unabridged post of Astreja, but I will just cite the text from her for her concept of God and her expatiaton of God’s non-role in the totality of existence, as follows:

Quote:[Enumeration by Mariosep]

(1) A god that produces no unique matter/energy signal detectable by modern-day technology,

(2) does not answer desperate prayers for help in a way distinguishable from chance, and

(3) cannot or will not defend its own honour

(4) is fucking useless and unworthy of serious consideration.

Even if it did exist, so what?  

(5) It has no tangible effect on the day-to-day lives of most people

(6) (and essentially only a placebo effect in the lives of True Believers™),

(7) and in that regard is considerably less important than the

(8) neighbours' cat, who at least occasionally acknowledges the presence of mere mortals.

Now, dear Astreja, I will just ask you for evidence that as you put it, in

Quote:(1) A god that produces no unique matter/energy signal detectable by modern-day technology…

Dear readers, let us now sit back and await the reaction of Astreja to my demand for evidence to her statement:

Quote:(1) A god that produces no unique matter/energy signal detectable by modern-day technology…

ANNEX
In post #1057 modified - edited 5 hours ago 1 time in total, Astreja Wrote:RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?

6 hours ago Stimbo Wrote:As for "God", that obscene pile of shit can go and fuck itself with a chainsaw. If it objects to the way I express myself, it can come and tell me personally, otherwise no dice.

This.  A hundred million times this.

A god that produces no unique matter/energy signal detectable by modern-day technology, does not answer desperate prayers for help in a way distinguishable from chance, and cannot or will not defend its own honour is fucking useless and unworthy of serious consideration.

Even if it did exist, so what?  It has no tangible effect on the day-to-day lives of most people (and essentially only a placebo effect in the lives of True Believers™), and in that regard is considerably less important than the neighbours' cat, who at least occasionally acknowledges the presence of mere mortals.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? - by Mariosep - December 5, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 6043 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3376 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 482 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1140 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2084 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2076 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 1009 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Proof at least one god is b.s. onlinebiker 10 1414 March 16, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7271 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7436 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG