Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 5:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No decent MMORPGs left - there's only crap out there
RE: No decent MMORPGs left - there's only crap out there
I had forgotten about LOTRO. I played it long ago but at the time I had a much slower PC which didn't get along with the game and for this reason I stopped playing it.
I disagree that soloing a game defeats the purpose of being an MMO. RaiderZ was beating a lot of games on this point - you could choose between soloing a dungeon and playing it in party. Of course there were some dungeons which would progress your quest only in party mode but still the solo mode gave you the chance to get used to to that dungeon and get a lot of experience in order to level up quickly and do the party mode by yourself, if several requirements are met.
Unfortunately the developers' laziness killed RaiderZ - they left the game without any expansion levels for over 2 years and naturally people lost interest at some point. But that was the only game which gave the player a choice regarding the dungeons, the only game where your cleric or wizard could wear plate armor with mace and shield while devastating enemies from afar and if an enemy still succeeds in coming closer, a hit with the mace finishes them.
This was also the only game whose PvP I really enjoyed so much that I built a character specially designed for PvP which could heal anytime during the battle. Naturally that lead to me killing many players while I died not that often.
Normally I don't like PvP and don't play it but the mix-ups were awesome and with a mix-up of 20 people you never know who's beating who. Which was the reason I liked the PvP of RaiderZ.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: No decent MMORPGs left - there's only crap out there - by rado84 - December 6, 2016 at 12:20 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For those who like MMORPGs Foxaèr 4 452 April 14, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Diablo 3 Beta OPEN THIS WEEKEND ONLY! Autumnlicious 0 975 April 20, 2012 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious