Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 1:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED
Anyone who isn't skeptical about reality tv must be either young or unwise or something.

It's obvious that the shows are either completely fake, or that the situations are encouraged by producers to make it exciting to watch on a day to day basis.

It's probably soul destroying to watch TV with me because I watch it a lot of the time with the mind of a producer or editor.

I was watching some crime documentary in which a man goes around the world visiting gangs and at the end of one of them he starts walking off into the sunset across a bridge while the credits roll up.  A normal person might not think anything of that, but my mind is thinking where the fuck is he walking?  All he's going to do is turn back on himself to get back to where the film crew are after the shot is done or they're going to have to come and drive to pick him up.  For some reason I see it as an insult to my intelligence even a little thing like that because it's a lie.  He's not walking across a bridge to continue his mystical journey into the world of gangsters, he's probably just doing something a producer asked him to do to look a bit cool but is actually totally pointless.

I was watching LA ink or whatever that show's called and one of them comes in late for work and as they're waking up just before setting off to work the camera is filming them getting out of bed.  So either they leave a camera rolling all night like it's paranormal activity or it's set up and another stupid pointless obviously fake scene.

LA ink and that whole series, the shore series both English and American, pawn stars, there's too many to mention really but I don't trust a single one.

I'm pretty sensitive to ANYTHING like this though, even in a lot of American documentaries the voice over annoys the fuck out of me, it's some over dramatic, overly deep voice.  I just want to be spoke to like someone is having a conversation with me and informing me of something.

I think this is what makes Louis Theroux such a good documentary maker.  He seems very normal, puts effort and time into his film making, nothing seems forced at least from what I've seen.

I enjoyed that rant but as far as damage goes, I tend to just turn over if something annoys me.  Not much damage done.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Brian37 - December 28, 2016 at 1:21 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Catholic_Lady - December 28, 2016 at 1:57 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Jackalope - December 28, 2016 at 2:00 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Minimalist - December 28, 2016 at 2:18 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Jackalope - December 28, 2016 at 2:27 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by brewer - December 28, 2016 at 2:03 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Brian37 - December 28, 2016 at 2:26 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by brewer - December 28, 2016 at 4:14 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by mlmooney89 - December 28, 2016 at 2:14 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by paulpablo - December 28, 2016 at 2:24 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by mlmooney89 - December 28, 2016 at 2:30 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Jackalope - December 28, 2016 at 3:02 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by TheRealJoeFish - December 28, 2016 at 3:15 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Regina - December 28, 2016 at 9:30 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Catholic_Lady - December 28, 2016 at 2:40 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by paulpablo - December 28, 2016 at 2:51 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Catholic_Lady - December 28, 2016 at 3:19 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by mlmooney89 - December 28, 2016 at 5:21 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Brian37 - December 28, 2016 at 10:06 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Tonus - December 28, 2016 at 3:56 pm
RE: The damage of "Reality TV" OP/ED - by Minimalist - December 28, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ...the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow... Autumnlicious 0 1277 October 30, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Bush, Bible, Fossils, Evolution and Reality Edwardo Piet 5 2917 September 28, 2008 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Tiberius