Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 5:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism?
RE: Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism?
(March 30, 2017 at 11:36 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(March 30, 2017 at 10:50 am)Brian37 Wrote: Nice doge, but don't feel bad, most believers never try to tackle that question.

AGAIN, you refuse to answer the why to yourself because you are afraid that will destroy your illusion. 

I have no problem answering the question of "why I believe".  I do think about it, and have answered a number of times here before.  I also look at from an internal perspective.  I think you psychic abilities are defective today. Or perhaps you are having difficulty letting go of your illusion!

Quote:You already agreed that the "fine tuning" does not point to a specific deity/god/s/God.

I agree, it does not.

So again, why do you feel the need to plop any god claim into the gap? It seems to me you already rightfully reject all other claims besides the one you feel you need. Funny how you don't feel the need to believe all the ones you rightfully reject. I am being very fair to you because my question is the same regardless of religion.

We already discussed this...  1)  You keep trying to interject the word "feel" into my position.  2.)  We where discussing this... you seem to want to change the topic.  If you are just going to dis-reguard what I said previously and insert a tired strawman, I don't see any reason to repeat myself.

Quote:Why do you feel the need to select the one you did? Not what, but why? Why do you not worry about being punished by Allah, or Yahweh or Pele?

Again, you seem to be trying to interject positions, that I do not hold here, and are not based on anything that I have stated thus far. Which makes me hesitant to answer.  As to why I believe in the description of God that I do, that is gong to be based on historical evidence. And it is based on taking the different conclusions and evidence together to see what matches the best.

Quote:Why are you not afraid of your pre life? You didn't exist 5 million years ago.  Do you think anything horrible will happen to you if you suddenly figure out this is it?

No, unless what I figure is wrong.

Still stubbornly clinging desperately so let me help you out.

"No" is the only correct part of your last sentence, no need to go further. Nothing bad will happen to you if you figure out this is it. You will still have ups and downs, and even bad things happen in your life, and yes ultimately you will die. What you DONT have to fear is is being tortured forever. Just like you don't fear being tortured by Allah or Pele or any Mayan god. 

There is no sky hero there to promise you an eternity of ice cream and cookies, but there is also no sky  bully there to beat the shit out of you for not kissing his ass.

There, is that simple enough for you? You aren't afraid of all the other god claims you rightfully reject so do yourself a favor and free yourself from your own needless illusion. 

It wont kill you to accept your finite existence. You can still live your life and feel joy and love just like enjoying a movie or concert or book and all those things have an end too.

Join the dark side Luke.......

Messages In This Thread
RE: Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism? - by Brian37 - March 30, 2017 at 11:54 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 5445 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42676 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17997 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 17113 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 23 7885 November 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Baha'i Faith, have you heard of it? Foxaèr 22 3363 October 23, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Should Theists have the burden of proof at the police and court? Vast Vision 16 5332 July 10, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 23477 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  What do you think of this argument for God? SuperSentient 140 19673 March 19, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Theists: would you view the truth? robvalue 154 19123 December 25, 2016 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated