Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 11:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoaxing as movie marketing?!
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?!
I can tell you marketing does work unfortunately. Many blockbuster movies stem from bullshit conspiracy stories real people concoct. "The Amityville Horror" was a bullshit "haunted house" movie based upon the real mass murder of a family. People have claimed since then that the house is haunted. Truth really is that those whom have lived there that liked the attention of the idea of a haunted house sold it. But no, people don't haunt you after they die.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amityville_Horror

"The Exorcist" also a 1970s movie was based upon a priest exorcising a demon out f a women's daughter. The mundane reality , the real truth was it was a parents mistaking mental illness and going to a priest instead of a psychiatrist.

The steps in that famous movie still exist in Georgetown which is district of Washington DC. The real house they used in the movie was in Maryland . Claims or demon possession were rampant even long before so it wasn't one particular claim, but a history of specifically Catholics making these claims over decades, the original influence for this movie, started with the con priest taking advantage of a mentally ill boy's parents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exorcist_(film)

I am not to fond of super natural horror flicks. No, not the ones with monsters like vampires or giant animals, but the ones that people are more likely to buy because of religion, like spirits and demons and poltergeists. I hate those movies because I see lots of people going in thinking those while fictional, are reflections of reality.

Little green men movies bother me too.

Messages In This Thread
Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by Fake Messiah - April 30, 2017 at 3:58 am
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - April 30, 2017 at 6:58 am
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by Alex K - April 30, 2017 at 12:48 pm
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by paulpablo - April 30, 2017 at 11:07 am
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by Brian37 - April 30, 2017 at 2:02 pm
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by scoobysnack - April 30, 2017 at 3:13 pm
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by Brian37 - April 30, 2017 at 3:27 pm
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by scoobysnack - April 30, 2017 at 3:50 pm
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by Brian37 - May 1, 2017 at 7:35 am
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - April 30, 2017 at 8:05 pm
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by scoobysnack - April 30, 2017 at 10:02 pm
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by Alex K - April 30, 2017 at 6:23 pm
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by Rev. Rye - April 30, 2017 at 6:36 pm
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by Fake Messiah - May 1, 2017 at 4:39 am
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by Rev. Rye - May 1, 2017 at 9:35 am
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by chimp3 - April 30, 2017 at 9:00 pm
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?! - by Rev. Rye - April 30, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sigh. "E-Motion" the movie.... yuck. Edwardo Piet 16 2695 October 28, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas