Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 11:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
morality is subjective and people don't have free will
RE: morality is subjective and people don't have free will
It would be surprising if babies weren't born "knowing how to sin" since we defined sin along the lines of some common human behaviors.......

The soul, to you, seems to be the thing that does the same stuff that the brain does in any other animal, and in us. Seems awfully redundant. What would the difference between a person with a soul and a person without a soul be? Would they be incapable of choice, woul;d they lack the "go right, go left" command imperative? Would they be less enduring than our already unenduring minds are? Would they be incapable of intent? Would they be immune or untainted by sin, such as that of a tainted soul?

/ shrugs.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: morality is subjective and people don't have free will - by The Grand Nudger - May 17, 2017 at 5:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This atheist is embarrassing, and I don't like her. Here's why. Twiggy 22 1700 August 29, 2026 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
Thumbs Down Words That People Don’t Use Anymore, But Should BrianSoddingBoru4 66 8489 February 23, 2026 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Free COVID tests again awty 6 1639 December 13, 2023 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: awty
  Looking for free online platform? franzis 6 2161 May 13, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: awty
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 2089 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stuff you have done (that most people haven' t) onlinebiker 54 14590 October 4, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 2256 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: awty
  Should poor people have kids? BrokenQuill92 78 21797 November 29, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Not another morality post!! Mechaghostman2 5 1964 February 18, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  One of the tragedies of free will purplepurpose 0 770 November 20, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)