Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 5:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Used To Be A Fan But I Am Now Shocked, Disgusted And Appalled With Sam Harris
RE: I Used To Be A Fan But I Am Now Shocked, Disgusted And Appalled With Sam Harris
I laugh riotously when bigots get down to the business of being bigoted.  I appreciate that some people probably think I'm laughing at their bigoted jokes, for example..... (plenty of the bigots think so).  

I'm actually laughing at -them-, the sheer unthinking effrontery it takes to open up one's bigoted self to another person makes me giggle.  Can't help it.   It is true that, in some cases, amidst the unfiltered stream of idiocy those people offer up..I can pick out -something- I agree with.  I would understand if a person saw me laughing, and then agreeing with that thing..and on that basis concluded that I was agreeing with bigotry, and was, effectively, a bigot myself.   That's probably what gave me social cover in the land of the burning cross, you know..other than my being the right shade of lipstick.

Ultimately, I suppose a person could place any given positive reaction to bigotry on a scale of antipathy, apathy, and insensitivity. Racists/bigots comprise the first two categories. I don't think that everyone in the third category is a racist/bigot. I;d put harris performance, in that clip, in the third category. Perhaps made to seem more grave by proximity to a person who is absolutely in the first.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Used To Be A Fan But I Am Now Shocked, Disgusted And Appalled With Sam Harris - by The Grand Nudger - May 31, 2017 at 10:04 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Then and now. onlinebiker 16 1169 May 24, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What to get an ABBA fan for their birthday. Brian37 30 2361 September 17, 2019 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1197 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Star Wars fan film: Darth Vader: Episode 1 Shards ofthe Past Cepheus Ace 5 563 December 23, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Maketakunai
  Maybe the Shit should hit the Fan fromdownunder 2 546 September 12, 2018 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Usernames you might have used? Gawdzilla Sama 36 5508 June 29, 2018 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  You once loved it, but now... c172 38 5444 April 21, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  You once hated it, but now.... Foxaèr 27 3539 April 16, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: emjay
  I used Uber for the first time today Foxaèr 5 1181 April 11, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Antares
  One step closer to having Sam Elliots love child ! vorlon13 1 1039 March 10, 2016 at 12:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13