(August 13, 2017 at 12:59 am)Khemikal Wrote: We abandoned the Syrians, deciding that no meter of ground was worth an ounce of GI blood. That turned out just peachy for all parties, huh?
We should never have promised what we were unwilling to deliver, yeah. I'm unsure how that detracts from the point I'm making.
(August 13, 2017 at 12:59 am)Khemikal Wrote: It's not what some batshit crusaders that aren't us did, whose society and mistakes we've long since denounced, that cause teenagers to pick up an ak. It's what we do now, today, every day in the present.
I think we actually agree. Our intervention in Iran in 1953, for instance, had a direct bearing on my own little-bitty life. I'm pretty sure you know this basis for my own outlook, so I'm confused why you seem to think my opposition is ill-informed. I'm also unsure what you envision as a solution.
hrug:



