Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Anymouse
Worshipper of Caffeinea, Goddess of Coffee.
Religious Views: Atheist (formerly Wiccan, with a Discordian bent). Erotic Romance novel editor. Handfasted to BethK, the smartest, coolest, sexiest, brightest atheist here.
Posts: 544
Threads: 62
Joined: May 25, 2011
Reputation:
15
Hiya. Just wanted to introduce myself so I can make my arrival to the atheist forums feel "official" so to speak. Plus since there was a forum devoted to it I figured I might as well.
I come here mainly to learn from and share ideas/books/discussions with you guys. I love that there is a place with so many people who generally think like I do about the world. That is, prefer truth over what feels good, logic and reason to faith. It's hard finding that locally so I spend a lot of time online.
A lot of my time spent online has been through chat applications amateur debating with theists about their beliefs. It's been fun as a sort of starting point of debating, as I think it's very important to debate religion and I feel like I'm doing a good thing for the world. I'm taking a break from that for now however, as I'd like to learn more and be better equipped before I go into that again. Luckily my job allows me the free time to learn freely about the topics and questions that we atheists generally are interested in. These forums seem like a great place to expand on my journey as a freethinker and rationalist.
So hellooooo.
Hey, that's why I'm here (not the debating part, but educated and informed discussion, which occasionally occurs around here).
Welcome aboard. As the token techno-pagan on this group I reserve the right to extend welcome to all who come here, until the mods ban me or something. Smile
Most of the folk here are nice; some are even reasonable. Others aren't; they show themselves quickly though.
James
"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."