Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 5:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posting polarizing threads defaming all progressives is polarizing and dishonest ..
RE: Posting polarizing threads defaming all progressives is polarizing and dishonest ..
(October 30, 2017 at 8:06 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: It was different back in the 70s in regards to liberal and conservative.

Nixon for instance, during his tenure the EPA was launched.  Does that sound right ?  There's a WTF moment for you.

And Nixon pulled the plug on the chemical/germ warfare program.  Granted, Trump might start it back up, but Nixon nixed it?  Get out of here!

In the democrat presidential primary in 1980, Ted Kennedy ran against Carter, a sitting democrat president.  WTF was that about?  Did it help Reagan?  Well, yeah probably.  Was that or should it have been pretty obvious to Ted before he did it, especially since Ted wasn't considered electable before he threw his hat in the ring, and events subsequent certainly proved that.  As much as I detest Reagan, Ted Kennedy probably should be the subject to at least some of my ire for how that era played out.

I can only hope that if we ever succeed in running a competent and electable candidate, people will look past the track record of incompletency on the part of the party itself.

(October 30, 2017 at 8:49 pm)Hammy Wrote: And by "one day" he meant 4 days later.

Good to have you back, Hammy!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Posting polarizing threads defaming all progressives is polarizing and dishonest .. - by Whateverist - October 30, 2017 at 10:37 pm