Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 12:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver hits people in Manhattan; multiple deaths
RE: Driver hits people in Manhattan; multiple deaths
(November 4, 2017 at 8:46 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Keep chanting your barely coherent nonsense clown boy 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsYZBzylk6_SwHGw1ly59...P241CCauTV]

(November 4, 2017 at 9:46 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(November 4, 2017 at 8:13 pm)Court Jester Wrote: Not bad for a white guy.
Well, all the girls say I'm pretty fly.

Quote:You even got pretty darn close.
........................ Rolleyes

I get that you may not have been around long enough to know that I'm a gun rights advocate on these boards..but I'll forgive you for not knowing that and just assume that you mean well..but somehow managed to swallow the gun nutter koolaid and think you're dealing with one of obamas brownshirts who want to take your beloved sidearm.

Wink

Our "gun problem" is 6 parts suicide, and 3.9 repeating cops and robbers...the remainder being "accidents" and mass shootings.  Pistols are the problem, not even hot pistols..and a vanishing small number of pistols.  Nobody has assault rifles, nobodies looking to take away the assault rifles no one has, or "all the gunz!" and shoelaces are space cadet shit no matter what side of the fence you sit on.  The problem, where there is a problem, is access...and in the crushing majority of cases that access is already illegal.  We can't bring enforcement down on "individuals" because "individuals" aren't legitimate targets for enforcement..until they;ve committed a crime.  That won't reduce death, it will only increase incarceration.  Legal access and competency, however, -can- be enforced before a crime is ever committed..without infringing on anyone's rights, and with no changes to the law other than uniform and serious enforcement.  

So, are you with me, so that we don't lose our rights as a reactionary response to gun death...and that;s where this is headed..or do you want to bullshit these people some more about shoelaces and individuals?

Yeah. I mean well.

I can appreciate that you are a gun rights advocate. Though I do believe that the mindset that “no one wants to take away all the gunz” is a flawed view.

Just for you to understand where I’m coming from; I have an MBA and an MS in psychology, and am nearly completed with a PhD in psychology. I also have a Six Simga master black belt certification. With that (and because of that), I am not only a life time NRA member, I am a NRA speaker and have volunteered my time, and been paid for my time on multiple occasions to work with communities to help assist with issues of gun violence.

So with that said; I am a gun nut per say, though not your typical back woods gun nut.

Now any one that says that our gun problem is six parts suicide, whatever parts cops and robbers, and the rest being whatever the heck else hasn’t fully analyzed the issues. It is a narrow minded flat earth assumption that doesn’t come close to solving the problem.

My typical response to that would be:

Assume you’re driving down your driveway and you get a flat tire. You get out of your car and see a huge gash in the tire.

What’s the problem? You don’t have air in your tire.

How do you solve the problem? Put air in the tire is similar to the typical liberal gun response.  

What about the gash? Change the tire may be another typical liberal response.

The problem still isn’t solved. What happens the next time you drive down the driveway and you hit what you hit the last time? Flat tire again right?

Well the obvious next choice would be to remove whatever was in the driveway that cause you to get a flat tire. A smarter liberal problem solving choice but you can still get more chunks in your driveway.

When do you identify where that chunk of whatever came from and how you ensure that it doesn’t make its way into your driveway again? That’s where it can branch off to a why-tree type of problem solving activity that could solve a boat load of other issues.

So, let’s go back to your “Our gun problem is 6 parts suicide”. If we eliminated 60% of the guns in the US; would there still be suicide? When people are dumb enough to focus on the tool (gun, shoe lace, ice pick, pocket knife, etc.) they don’t solve the problem. Focus on the problem and the root cause and I can assure you that the tool used is of no concern. Commit suicide with a gun or tie off the throat with a shoe lace to suffocate? Remove the tool and address the problem. The first step of this problem is the suicide.

Why does someone want to commit suicide?

Do they have the right medical attention or medical coverage? Why not fix that rather than letting them suffer with the desire to kill themselves?

Do they have a family close to them that is able and/or willing to assist them in their clear time of need? Why not fix that rather than letting them suffer with the desire to kill themselves?

Do they have the means to cover or receive their needed medications? Why not fix that rather than letting them suffer with the desire to kill themselves?

Are they being bullied in a school where the teachers and administrators don’t care or have a workload that is too high for them to give the individual the attention needed? Why not fix that rather than letting them suffer with the desire to kill themselves?

Are they suffering from a mental illness in a community with no resources or extremely limited resources that restricts them from the needed care? Why not fix that rather than letting them suffer with the desire to kill themselves?

Did they lose their job and now can’t pay any of their bills and are on the verge of being homeless and asshole deep in debt to a point they could never dig out of? Why not fix that rather than letting them suffer with the desire to kill themselves?

99.9% of the firearm issues that we have in the United States are brought on by unresolved, unconcerning, or unnoticed sociological and/or socioeconomic issues. But narrow minds are better off removing the tool rather than the problem.

I get a kick and a half out of reading many of the things on this site and I actually things on this site as teaching tools for both of my sons.  

Fuck the business for not paying more money, but forget teaching citizens how to improve their worth in the businesses they work.

Berate the police for shooting a black man with a gun that robbed a store, but forget the poverty he suffered that made him feel like that was his best choice.

Give everyone free healthcare because not everyone can afford it, but forget the idea that medication and medical treatment costs ten times more in the US in many cases compared to other countries.

Take away the guns and make more restrictive gun laws, but forget the issues that drive people to look at a firearm as a viable tool to solve their personal issues.

And I'm the racist, homophobic, Wall Street loving asshole for thinking that way. Jerkoff

Liberal logic actually is active comic relief in my house.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driver hits people in Manhattan; multiple deaths - by Court Jester - November 5, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earthquakes in Croatia - deaths caused by unregulated buildings? FlatAssembler 6 579 January 17, 2021 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths WinterHold 23 2280 November 2, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 4141 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 605 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  knives don't stab people people stab people! Drich 135 6157 April 9, 2019 at 8:37 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Breaking:Saudi Arabia: a second Missile hits the capital WinterHold 8 2176 December 20, 2017 at 4:57 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Consumer confidence hits 13-year high John V 70 14847 October 26, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Car hits several people in London, person detained c172 4 1040 October 8, 2017 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Opiate deaths vorlon13 21 3142 August 14, 2017 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  11 year old boy develops device that could prevent hot car deaths Cecelia 6 1887 July 19, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Seraphina