Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 5:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone
RE: What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone
(July 3, 2018 at 6:46 am)DLJ Wrote:
(July 3, 2018 at 4:15 am)jimhabegger Wrote: ...
What would really like to discuss in this thread is how to help with the growth and spread of people trying to become better people, to help make the world better for all people everywhere, because they want to.

Please define "better".

You mean, better person, or better world? Some examples of the better person I'm trying to be are more encouraging and supporting to people around me, more friendly to everyone, not incriminating and intimidating people as much as I do sometimes, finding ways more often to facilitate and enrich the lives of people around me, more kind more often, learning more and better from other people, communicating more and better with people in my life, about our lives, and be a better listener.

Some examples of how I imagine a better world are people valuing all people everywhere more, and caring what happens to them. More freedom, and better encouragement and support, for more people to develop their capacities, and follow their interests. Less cruelty, brutality, ugliness and violence. Other people might imagine it differently. However they imagine it is okay with me.
- Jim

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone - by jimhabegger - July 3, 2018 at 8:58 am