Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 12:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mann your battle stations.......
RE: Mann your battle stations.......
My husband is a huge racing fan. I have been watching this crap (or at least having it playing in the background) for over 30 years. I don't get the appeal but I do know that in the time I have been subjected to it the rules have changed dramatically. And the blocking by lapped racers is just a thing. I don't know that it's officially written in some list of rules somewhere but it's a thing. Driver's used to beat other driver's asses for stuff like that. Usually more entertaining than the driving fast and turning left thing IMO.

You simply cannot look at racing and think the rules should be like those in the NFL.

I remember back when Ernie Irvin was in a bad NASCAR crash and was allowed to go back to driving when he was still dealing with double vision. Now they can't race if they have a hangnail. Back in the day NASCAR was about sneaky (or not so sneaky) tactics to win including the sideswipe or nudge from behind to send another car careening into the wall...most times. There were no restrictor plates and making it through a whole race without some damage to car was a near impossibility.

I have always been a little pissed off that they can't race if it's raining. But some damn windshield wipers on that thing and let's see who can really handle a fast car.

Auto racing and the NFL is apples and oranges. You can't use football rules to gauge the rules in other 'sports'.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Messages In This Thread
Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 26, 2019 at 5:26 pm
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 26, 2019 at 8:44 pm
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Succubus - May 26, 2019 at 10:06 pm
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by arewethereyet - May 26, 2019 at 9:23 pm
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 26, 2019 at 9:47 pm
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by arewethereyet - May 26, 2019 at 10:20 pm
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 27, 2019 at 6:41 am
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 27, 2019 at 8:36 am
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 27, 2019 at 7:01 am
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 27, 2019 at 7:14 am
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 27, 2019 at 9:00 am
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 27, 2019 at 9:08 am
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 27, 2019 at 9:19 am
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by Brian37 - May 27, 2019 at 9:21 am
RE: Mann your battle stations....... - by arewethereyet - May 27, 2019 at 10:22 am