Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Screenplay" for an Extinction Rebellion video RE a Universal Basic Income
RE: "Screenplay" for an Extinction Rebellion video RE a Universal Basic Income
My avatar here is a pic from the UNPRECEDENTED wildfires in Australia this year, and it would feel wrong for me to trivialise the issue of the rise in global temperature due to AGW (anthropogenic (man-made) global warming) in any way, RE analogies to "vermin" etc, so here's a heavy video to that effect, and The Warming Stripes  

[Image: 1280px-20181204_Warming_stripes_%28globa...ins%29.png] 

(April 18, 2020 at 5:20 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Sorry if that came across as a personal attack, Editz.  It wasn't meant to be.

The protestors I encountered last year weren't protesting a cause, they were having a carnival and using the "cause" as an excuse.

They laid siege to a government building in Wellington, preventing staff entering or leaving, and when  the management decided to send the staff home, they were jeered at and cheered by the "protestors".

Many of the protestors appeared to be students.  At least most of the leaders were.  You know, those same people living off the backs of the tax payers?

As I said, I support the cause, not the tactics.

And pissing off and alienating people seems counter productive.

Extra kudos for the Princess Bride reference.

Very interesting Valkyrie. The discussion RE XR tactics and objectives is very much ongoing, and thank you dearly for you feedback and input. I'm a part of a small local group, and we're just trying to help as best we can - and BTW, as I'm sure you know - everybody's a freak, everybody's different.  Clap to you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Screenplay" for an Extinction Rebellion video RE a Universal Basic Income - by Duty - April 18, 2020 at 5:24 pm