Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 4:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More of my family's repugnant display of faith
RE: More of my family's repugnant display of faith
Oh for fucks sake...

To put it in purple crayon, a fucking Judge will look at what a person employed by a charity does (they earn money after it has been accounted for in the organization), what someone whom donates to a charity expects and then compares it what Allie's fortunate relatives have done.

In this case, the judge will see that this person is claiming to represent a charity. However, instead of passing the donations onto said charity where said donations can be logged for tax purposes, he has taken an amount. So we have a case of fraud when it comes to tax accounting.

Now, if the organization did not explicitly put that action in writing, then this man has committed theft. If the organization did place that in writing, then the charity itself is now in trouble for potential laundering charges (along with fraud).

Finally, the judge will look at what someone who donates to said charity would expect. To do this, the attorneys present and argue their case while the judge examines the evidence and constructs a rhetorical story to fit the facts based on what both attorneys are presenting. So for someone donating, the judge no doubt will look at how the defendant presented himself, how he asked for things, what his documentation/materials were presented as and the consider that while asking "What would a member of the public, given the defendant's story, expect?"

(October 24, 2011 at 7:31 pm)SophiaGrace Wrote: Charities have to pay taxes?

yes the money might make less people eat dirt cookies.

Okay lets suppose he was in it just for the profit. Even that, even with that motive 75% of what he collected (earned) went to Haiti so less people have to eat dirt cookies.

Charities do have to submit documentation detailing their income so as to not run afoul of money laundering or fraud.

(October 24, 2011 at 7:31 pm)SophiaGrace Wrote: This reminds me of Robin Hood for some reason...

Did you seriously fucking try to use Robin Hood as an argument?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Messages In This Thread
More of my family's repugnant display of faith - by Erinome - October 22, 2011 at 10:37 pm
RE: More of my family's repugnant display of faith - by Autumnlicious - October 24, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14304 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Natural family planning LinuxGal 75 7879 January 1, 2023 at 10:30 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 12331 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 59245 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4745 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6588 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4578 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Christian family fined after arguing taxes 'against God's will' zebo-the-fat 19 2227 July 23, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2910 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 23607 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire