Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2026, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Atheist VS Naturalist - the latter sounds more appealing to me...
RE: Atheist VS Naturalist - the latter sounds more appealing to me...
(May 29, 2020 at 4:51 pm)Belacqua Wrote:
(May 29, 2020 at 4:25 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Then I’m not sure what you’re saying. I’m sorry.

No worries. 

As I say, I'm through working on it. It's pretty clear that a number of people would like me to stop.

(May 29, 2020 at 4:25 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: One is; "...Entire argument is indistinguishable from an argument from ignorance,"

While the other is: "...There are things of which we are ignorant."

If I said "I don't know, therefore it must be a certain way," that would be an argument from ignorance.

But I'm not saying that.

I typed it all out yesterday, so that's enough.

Yesterday you were claiming that there is 'plenty of evidence for the supernatural' based almost entirely on 'there are things we do not know'
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheist VS Naturalist - the latter sounds more appealing to me... - by possibletarian - May 29, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is life more satisfying as an atheist or religionist? FrustratedFool 96 25107 November 10, 2023 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  No soul? No free will and no responsibility then, yet the latter's essential... Duty 33 10883 August 26, 2020 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  His wish sounds familiar purplepurpose 1 1539 November 16, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 9751 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ugh, how come I, an atheist, have the ability to ACT more "Christian" than...... maestroanth 7 3106 April 9, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 11532 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Religious kids more likely to be cunts than atheist ones Napoléon 12 4807 November 6, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  More atheist men than women? Catholic_Lady 203 69180 July 9, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Are Deists more like theists or Atheist? Twisted 37 15513 May 28, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: comet
  Quiet Atheist vs Militant Atheist z7z 62 23386 May 18, 2015 at 1:32 am
Last Post: abentwookie



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)