Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 26, 2024, 1:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is not your ordinary Arnold Palmer Ice T.
RE: This is not your ordinary Arnold Palmer Ice T.
(August 2, 2020 at 1:17 pm)no one Wrote: Whatever. I never said the motley fools could sing. You seem incapable of understanding.

Don't confuse the lyrics and message with taste. "Girls Girls Girls" isn't exactly Bob Dillon. I agree. But as far as their voices, are good. ABBA also doesn't set out in every song to make you think about world peace and the Higgs Boson particle, but they also have voices, and they did well.

But as far as this one particular song "No Lives Matter" it is as deep as Dillon, and extremely relevant today. I like it because it reminds me of "Blackened" by Metallica and the message about how humans are destroying the planet. But with this song, his message is about how blacks and whites are being played by wealth.

Just say you are not into Ice T. I get it. But to claim he sucks is bullshit.

I also know lots of rock/metal fans who think all country music sucks. I disagree. I am not into country, but like rap, I have found a few songs I like.

And if you must know, I never liked Bob Dylan's voice. But I have long since accepted that his lyrics were of the time and socially aware.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is not your ordinary Arnold Palmer Ice T. - by Brian37 - August 2, 2020 at 1:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ice - Sculptures, Cracks, Fissures, Bergs, Floes, Princess, EXPLOSIONS! Violet 6 2526 May 11, 2010 at 3:53 am
Last Post: Violet