Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 6:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pompeii, don't hail a cab, run with the van.
RE: Pompeii, don't hail a cab, run with the van.
(October 6, 2020 at 4:33 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I bought the album in the 80s, and for their time, they gave birth to the 80s sound. Van Halen gave birth to the 80s arena hair bands.

But in all seriousness, I am gobsmacked. I literally was posting another thread of songs I like. The news today I was watching hadn't mentioned his death.

Eddie smoked and drank so much he was on borrowed time.  Nevertheless, it hasn't hit me yet.  I'll be sad at some point.  I loved those first four albums.

I credit Randy Rhodes (still sad about that one) as a greater influence on 80s guitar.  Go back and listen to the Sweet for an earlier prototype of hair metal.  Heck, Bowie wrote the spec and created the look in '72.  (See Ziggy)

Messages In This Thread
Pompeii, don't hail a cab, run with the van. - by Brian37 - October 6, 2020 at 4:11 pm
RE: Pompeii, don't hail a cab, run with the van. - by Ranjr - October 6, 2020 at 5:58 pm
RE: Pompeii, don't hail a cab, run with the van. - by Ranjr - October 7, 2020 at 11:42 pm
RE: Pompeii, don't hail a cab, run with the van. - by no one - October 8, 2020 at 12:33 am