(September 29, 2021 at 7:49 am)Spongebob Wrote: I've been studying up on the concept of introducing native plants to my property. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm dog tired of tending to turf grass when I don't really care about it all that much. I would love to build a lawn with native plants that don't need to be mowed weekly. There are a lot of advocates out there for this very thing. The replacement of native plants has caused all sorts of changes in wildlife. Ultimately, I may have to ditch my neighborhood house and move to the county and get a larger piece of land. Anyone out there with this in mind?
The concept of a manicured lawn is human invented. In reality long before humans, vegetation did what all life does. The manicured lawn is an manifestation of European royalty hundreds of years ago.
If your lawn is overgrown and your neighbors hate you for it, it means you are letting nature do it's thing.


