Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 1:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed.
RE: Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed.
(November 21, 2011 at 9:27 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Ah, no.

But assumption is your best friend, because reason is not.

Then why would you ask such a stupid question?

(November 21, 2011 at 9:38 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: Exhibit A : A fossilised dinosaur skeleton. (I can't be arsed to post the image, you've seen it) This IS conclusive proof that such a creature existed. No other evidence is required.

That’s not even a logical syllogism much less a sound one, where is your premise, conclusion, antecedent, and consequent? Care to take another swing?

(November 22, 2011 at 2:01 am)IATIA Wrote: SCIENCE

Put the fairy tales down and read some real science.

Unjustified interference from an intelligent investigator doesn’t prove abiogenesis is even possible much less ever happened. Try again.

(November 22, 2011 at 8:19 am)orogenicman Wrote: Me: So you agree that you are an ass. Congratulations.
Nope, I agree that I was acting like an atheist which would make my arguments absurd and my behavior like that of an ass.

Quote:
Atheists don't argue against the existence of God. They argue against any emperic evidence for the existence of God.

…revisionists’ definition of atheism that does not harmonize with many of the best Encyclopedias of Philosophy.

Quote: 2) There is emperic evidence that you exist.
No there isn’t, you have not directly observed me.

Quote:No, we are asking for an inductive argument concerning the existence of God. Got anything like that?

Absolutely! The Cosmological and Design arguments for the existence of God are both good inductive arguments. I’ll give you one…

P1 Information is always observed to originate from a mind
P2 DNA holds semantic information.
C Therefore DNA originated from a creator mind.

Quote: Hence we find that there are creationists who believe that the Flintstones is a documentary.
Name one who actually does….

(November 22, 2011 at 8:32 am)tuxcomputers Wrote: ...ssssoooo.... you have the same amount of evidence for god as for leprechauns, big foot, aliens, the rainbow serpent, Zeus, zero point energy and an expanding earth, none.

Nope, the very preconditions of intelligibility do not require that any of those other things exist, they do require that God exists, so false analogy.

(November 21, 2011 at 8:27 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: .. blah blah blah... lies lies lies...

Abusing the quote function is against the forum rules.

Quote: This would be Statlers technique as a criminal defense lawyer:

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the prosecution will show you
..but, what you have to remember nobody saw my client sexually assault, strangle, stab then dismember the victim so it's all just a story, the defense rests.

Why would you falsely equate forensics with empirical science? I thought you said you knew a thing or two about how science works?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed. - by Statler Waldorf - November 22, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Even if we don't kill ourselves off as a species. Brian37 33 2303 October 12, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  130,000 years ago? Even Neandertal Fucks the Creatards Minimalist 23 6986 April 13, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Whoops....Never Mind. Minimalist 1 995 October 17, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  If an Asteroid wiped out the Dinosaurs how did Evolution continue? Oliver1990 30 11142 July 10, 2013 at 5:08 pm
  Asteroid killed off the Dinosaurs, confirmed. Napoléon 43 16562 March 16, 2013 at 11:15 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  What if religion never had a "breakthrough"? Dax 14 4504 December 22, 2012 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Dinosaurs and Man ScienceLovesGod 182 105114 June 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Dinosaurs' Super-Sized Fleas..... Minimalist 7 3772 March 1, 2012 at 2:45 pm
  Even more carbon from permafrost popeyespappy 2 1069 December 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: paintpooper